Network Extender MMS messages don't go thru
kris-chin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a "ticket" open with Verizon support but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone has had the same problem and/or knows how to fix it. Due to poor/no reception in my house I got an extender. It works perfectly fine except I cannot send MMS msgs. No probs with regular SMS text or phone calls. My wife and I both have HTC Droid Incredibles. We both can send/receive MMS when not connected to the extender (away from home or if I unplug it) and both can receive MMS while at home connected to the extender. The only problem is *sending* them while connected to the extender. I do not believe there is anything wrong with the phones given this behavior.

When sending, the msg will sit with the outgoing clock icon. After a few minutes I will get a notification stating either "Generic Network Error" or "Unspecified Error". It will continue trying for a bit but eventually it stops and the MMS does not go out. If, while the phone is attempting to resend the MMS msg, I set the phone to "airplane mode" wait 30 seconds then switch it back, occasionally it will go thru. Same thing on a full shut down / restart. I think the msg may be squeezing thru before my phone re-connects to the extender and it's just getting out on whatever regular wireless signal I happen to get in the house.

Anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this problem? Thx!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network Extender MMS messages don't go thru
kris-chin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just tying off on this one. Verizon support did end up calling me to let me know it was fixed. Presumably they did something with either my account itself or connected to the extender and tweaked it directly. Regardless, I'm not sure what they did, but it didn't involve me past my initial triage call and whatever it was solved my prob. If you're having this issue, don't hesitate to call support. It took a month or so from first report to resolution but in reality you can live w/o MMS until it's fixed. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Which version extender did you get??? I believe the older non 3G version does not handle MMS.

0 Likes
kris-chin
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's right, I should have made that distinction....I bought it in December. As far as I know it's the new 3G version. It's a Samsung SCS-2U01.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Try these troubleshooting steps then try to send the MMS .

Ensure that the Network Extender is located in an open area, preferably in an elevated location near a window, and in an upright position.

1- Disconnect the Power Cord from the Power Outlet for 30 seconds.

2- Re-connect the Power Cord to the Power Outlet.

Allow up to 20 minutes for the Network Extender to complete the startup sequence.

0 Likes
kris-chin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just tying off on this one. Verizon support did end up calling me to let me know it was fixed. Presumably they did something with either my account itself or connected to the extender and tweaked it directly. Regardless, I'm not sure what they did, but it didn't involve me past my initial triage call and whatever it was solved my prob. If you're having this issue, don't hesitate to call support. It took a month or so from first report to resolution but in reality you can live w/o MMS until it's fixed. Smiley Happy

0 Likes