New Galaxy S7 -- can't text
jc524400

I just upgraded to the Galaxy S7 Edge and now when I try to text msg I get the following error. "sorry integrated messaging service is only available for verizon wireless numbers".

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Galaxy S7 -- can't text
Not applicable

hi jc524400 ,

While the app is available to anyone on any carrier, the Integrated Messaging feature is available only to Verizon Wireless customers.  This is the function that allows Verizon customers to sync other devices to the app.

If you ARE a Verizon customer, let me know and we can continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Thanks,

ALIEM

VZMESSAGES

0 Likes
jc524400

Yes - I am a Verizon Wireless customer. I had a Samsung S6 and just upgraded to Samsung S7 Edge. Since the upgrade I have not been able to use text msg on the new phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jc524400, thanks for verifying that information for us. You should definitely be able to send texts from your new phone. Is your old phone still be used or is it completely powered off? Are you connected to Verizon messages + on any other devices?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes