Re: New Messaging App
B33
Legend

Your Welcome Uncle B..   And Good Morning to ya Sir!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Same to you

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Since my iPad is WiFi connection only, that is why the app was available for me to download. I did download the app but get an error as the iPad is not A Verizon Product.

Kinda stinks since I use my VZW phone to connect.....oh well

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

budone wrote:

Since my iPad is WiFi connection only, that is why the app was available for me to download. I did download the app but get an error as the iPad is not A Verizon Product.

That must be why the Backup App downloads and installs on my tablet, but won't connect - it's a wifi only with no connection to Verizon; I got it at Costco. 

The integrated texting DOES work, except it shows numbers rather than names, but the messages are there and I can send and receive texts on the tablet, which is nice.  It does kind of make sense that you would need to be connected to the Verizon network to sync the contact list.... but then again, I can get all my texts that are through the Verizon network....

0 Likes
B33
Legend

O well yea i can see the Disappointment there Budone you can download it threw Wi-Fi  but can't use it)  I don't remember running into anything like that on my Razr's  I know however i wanted this certain Racing app and i could get because my Razr wasn't compatible with the App but the same App was Compatible with my Droid X a phone that is near pushing 3 years old. 

Suzy if it's ok to Ask  How Much did your iPad cost  @  Cosco  if you want you can send the Price Via  PM  Thanks b Smiley Happy

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's a Samsung Galaxy 2 tablet, 7" - a nice size, fits easily in my purse and I love it!  And I got a heck of a deal at Costco last November, it was $189.99 (regular $239.99 with a $50 instant coupon - I grabbed it!!) I'd been pricing different tablets for a possible birthday gift to myself (early December) and all were $200 and up.  The Samsung, with the SD card slot for additional memory, at that price was irresistable!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cool   it's fun finding those bargains isn't it   thanks for getting back with me Suzy Have a Nice Monday..  b

0 Likes