New Phone without Contract
JaniceLynnr

I have a question concerning the new payment plan/no contact.  I have received an email that I can have an early upgrade with a monthly payment for a new I Phone 6s.  I am on a plan with a Samsung Galaxy S4 contact end date April 2016, 1 Samsung Gusto contact end date July 2017 and 1 tablet contact end date Sept. 2015.  Is there anyway of knowing what my bill total would be if  I purchased an I Phone with the monthly charge of about 32.00?  This would be with 1 GB of data needed only. I have a feeling that that the cost of the Gusto would not be the 20.00 for adding it because the cost of the phone and the contract date being another 22 months away.  The reason I ask on this site is that 2 months ago I received an email about an early upgrade.  After going to the Verizon Store and the salesman showing me the monthly total with the new phone it would not go through.  Was told I could not upgrade unless it was another type of phone I did not want.   Make a long story short he changed my plan.  With what he had done it increased my monthly bill almost $18.00.  I think I have finally got that straighten out now. I am afraid to even go back into the store and ask questions because of last time.   I now pay about 100.00 a month with the 2 phones and tablet.  Could someone please give me an idea what I would be paying if I had the I phone 6 (with the payment of about 32.00 a month purchasing price) and the Gusto and the tablet on the new no contact plan and 1 GB of data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Phone without Contract
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here JaniceLynnr. It’s great to see that you are interested in the device payment plan option. I know getting all your ducks in a row is key so let’s dive in to see cost wise, what you would potentially be signing up for. As the breakdown of the pricing is as follow:

Gusto=$20.00 ( Basic phone)
Tablet= $10.00
iPhone 6 = $20.00
iPhone 6 device payment= either $22.91 for 16GB or $27.08 for 64GB
1gb of data = $30.00
Comes to $102.91 or $107.08

Then you have to add taxes and any features you may have on the account. Hope this helps steer you in the right direction.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JaniceLynnr

I still have a question on the Gusto.  Would not I have to pay for this phone since Verizon would need to get their cost back from it being on a contract? If a phone is on a contract then Verizon is getting the cost back monthly. Seems like you could add it for 20.00 but what about the cost of the phone ?  Would I have to pay a monthly amount until the phone is paid in full?  I ask these questions so I can show this information at the Verizon store when I go to get my new phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries JaniceLynnr! We can pick up from where we left off. With the Gusto, on the new plans, it’s $20.00 no matter what. Even if on contact or device payment plan.

To ensure each question is covered I have broken it down this way:

> Would not I have to pay for this phone since Verizon would need to get their cost back from it being on a contract?

A.  No, you would not pay Verizon back for the phone if on Device Payment but from what it sounds like,  being on a contract, you would not have to pay us back either. As your contract still remains in effect for this line.

> If a phone is on a contract then Verizon is getting the cost back monthly. Seems like you could add it for 20.00 but what about the cost of the phone?  

A. Cost is only once you purchase your phone only. Unless you choose to pay for your phone in monthly installments. ( Called Device Payment Plan)

> Would I have to pay a monthly amount until the phone is paid in full?
A. Not unless you choose to sign up for Device Payment Plan.

I hope this information was helpful to you.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes