New update wont text husband.
SamiV
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issues with trying to text my husband. He is not getting my text messages and when i text him it says chat???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New update wont text husband.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a number of threads posted the past few days due to the three updates that were recently  issued to the Verizon Messages app.  Users are experiencing various issues.  You may want to turn off automatic updates for the app for now, uninstall the updates and disable the app, and use the phone's stock text app.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make that four updates; I see that v.6.4.4 was released last night.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

SamiV​ ,

Texting is my main source of communication and I understand how this is a pressing matter for both of you. We definitely want to make sure that he is receiving all this messages. Is his experiencing this issue with other contacts? Is he able to send text messages without any issues?

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
Hbkseanmichael
Enthusiast - Level 3

I love the "support" response on here.  Either they think everyone is a bliterhing idiot or they are just cpu generated responses.

"Hi! MAKE SURE YOUR APP IS UP TO DATE!!! THIS SHOULD FIX THE ISSUE"

"IS YOUR HUSBANDS PHONE ON?"

Like seriously billion dollar company... can't making a functioning app.  How do you release 4 updates in 4 days and NOTHING GETS FIXED.

Who is working on this app issues anyway?  A dead cockroach?

But they'll still charge everyone $120 a month for half a cell phone and multiple migraines.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Hbkseanmichael,

I rely on this app to keep in touch with my family and friends too. We definitely want this to be up and running for you again. Our most recent update (6.4.4) was released to resolve the issues we were seeing with the Messages+ application. Have you been able to update to this newest version? What concerns are you still experiencing with the Messages+ app?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kevin_in_AZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is the same across many of these messages.  People want to "TEXT" to their contacts.  When you "CHAT" the messages get lost if you try to use another texting app.  Why can't you guys acknowledge this?  Make CHAT an option or build a new app and give us our text app back.  It should be fairly simple.  I pay over $180 a month for my household and over $1000 for my business accounts to Verizon.  I even bought 2 network extenders for office and home since you guys don't want to build any new towers in my area.

For Pete's sake, someone please recognize that people don't want CHAT!

0 Likes