No request option in Glympse anymore.
MURFEF
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've enjoyed using Glympse very much and still do but it seems I've lost a feature. I can't seem to figure out how to "request" a Glympse. I'm almost certain that I've used this feature in the past. The app seems to work great from within message+ and I'm not having any problems with it other than the lack of a "request" option. I've been corresponding with Glympse over the last week or so with no resolution. Per their suggestions, I've ensured that I have the latest version of message+. I believe I have 6.3.5 at the moment. I've restarted the phone multiple times. The option just isn't there. They also suggested uninstall/reinstall message+. Would this cause me to lose all messages in message+? If so, this isn't an option for me. They also offered the solution of downloading the Glympse app as a workaround and just using it that way. I'd really prefer to use it from within Glympse like I've always done. They finally seemed to concede defeat and said I should contact Verizon since it's actually a Verizon app within a Verizon app. I'm a bit concerned that Glympse themselves weren't able to help me. Hopefully someone here can. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No request option in Glympse anymore.
MURFEF
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I figured it out thanks to deloused. I thought about the question of whether it was multiple contacts or not. I mostly use group text and was attempting to send it to a person that has multiple lines. I send messages to that person in a group text so that it goes to both of their lines. This is the person I text with the most. Apparently you can't request a Glympse in a group text. The request option is there when I select a single contact. Thanks for all of you guy's help. I feel a bit silly now. Not about the Verizon service on here but a little silly for not figuring this out before now. Thanks!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MURFEF,

We want to make sure you have the best experience with your application. Is the application up to date? When did this occur?

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MURFEF
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I said in the original post, yes, it is up to date. At this point I still have 6.3.5. I hope we aren't going to spend days going back and forth on details that I purposefully put in the original post in order to prevent this very thing. I'm not 100% sure when it occurred other than when I attempted to request a Glympse about a week ago, the option wasn't there. All of the information I have is contained in the original post.  Please read and offer a suggestion on how to fix it. Thanks.

0 Likes
MURFEF
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is quite possibly the worst customer service I've ever received. It's been going on a week, maybe more, that I asked a question. The only reply or "service" I've received is a customer service representative who apparently was unable to read the information supplied in the original post. I only used this avenue over calling because I don't really have the time or inclination to speak with someone and honestly figured I would get just as good service here. Boy was I wrong. If given the opportunity, I will leave quite a scathing review about my experience with Verizon in this context. This is horrible. Since I can see no dates in the format I'm currently viewing in, today is 17 August 2016. At the current rate, my problem won't be a problem anymore by the time Verizon helps me because all of the software, and probably hardware too, will be obsolete.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Customer experience is something we truly value, MURFEF. We certainly want to work towards improving your experience with Verizon Messages and Glympse. In regards to your original post I do appreciate the details with all of the steps you have currently done towards resolving this issue. Let's get this back on track and get this issue resolved. You would not lose your messages if you uninstalled and reinstalled Messages + on your device as there is a stock messaging app outside of ours.

I was just looking at my Messages + and when I select a contact, and then tap the + icon and select Glympse I do have 3 options listed, one was "share location", one was "request location", and "one was meet me at." What options to do you see when you follow the same steps?

We typically don't receive responses from community forums quickly because we promote the community to help provide answers to each other. If you are looking for assistance more quickly you can reach us through any of these other methods http://vz.to/1kd1mFB

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MURFEF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok...I completely understand trying to allow the community to help each other. What I don't understand is allowing a question to go unanswered for days at a time when the community isn't helping. And I certainly don't understand asking me a question that is answered in the original post. As for your question, yes, I do the exact same thing you described with NO REQUEST OPTION!! Is this really so hard to understand? I have an option to send a Glympse and an option to meet someone. There is NO REQUEST OPTION. Thank you.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Which Android smartphone are you using? Are you getting good network signal? Is the request option missing from multiple contacts? Is the contact's phone number stored as 10 digits (no 1 before it etc.)?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

MURFEF wrote:

I do the exact same thing you described with NO REQUEST OPTION!! Is this really so hard to understand? I have an option to send a Glympse and an option to meet someone. There is NO REQUEST OPTION. Thank you.

Hmmm, I can see the three options - Send, Request, Me - perhaps that particular contact does not have Glympse capability?  Just guessing, although on my phone I have the option on every text - from shortcodes, basic phones, emails, smartphones.... it doesn't seem to be device specific, I have the option to Send, Request, and Meet on each message.  ???

This is puzzling - I like and use Glympse myself.  And I don't think you can uninstall Verizon Messages, but you can Force Stop it and restart it, or disable it and re-enable it.

0 Likes
MURFEF
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I figured it out thanks to deloused. I thought about the question of whether it was multiple contacts or not. I mostly use group text and was attempting to send it to a person that has multiple lines. I send messages to that person in a group text so that it goes to both of their lines. This is the person I text with the most. Apparently you can't request a Glympse in a group text. The request option is there when I select a single contact. Thanks for all of you guy's help. I feel a bit silly now. Not about the Verizon service on here but a little silly for not figuring this out before now. Thanks!

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ha ha - no worries.  If you  can SEND a Glympse to a group, why can't you request from the group as well?  And I DO see the same behavior when I try to request a Glympse on a group text - only two choices.  This is good to know, and helpful information for anyone else that may come up against the same issue!