No sound for new messages in message+
Kormath
Enthusiast - Level 2
So a year or 3 ago i had an issue with message+ where it would send duplicate text messages from anyone using an iphone to my android. I uninstalled the app, and started using handcent, i had my phone replaced for a hardware issue a few months back and decided to try message+ again. And here's where i ran into a new glitch. If i have the message app open, and text someone, i get no notification when they reply. So if like i text a friend, then set my phone down and go get a drink and forget to look to see if there's a new message, i may miss that message. I had my son text me with a semi-emergency but i had the app open, so i didn't get any notification he sent a text. If it would have been a real emegergency that could have been bad. Talking with co-workers this happens to them also, issue is happening on my Pixel 2 XL, my friends Pixel 3, an iPhone 9, a Samsung Note 9, and an LG v10, so it's not specific to any device. I'd rather use Verizon apps as i trust Verizon, kinda still anway, rather than a 3rd party app. Fix please?!?
Re: No sound for new messages in message+
bearone21
Legend

are notifications on for message+?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Please stay alert for any updates on the app, Thank you. -AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
Kormath
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, notifications are turned on. and set to a really annoying tone so i'd hear it.  2 months almost and this is still an issue.

And on top of that, the duplicate messages are back.

This app is pretty much unusable now.

0 Likes
Kormath
Enthusiast - Level 2

So evidently this is a new "feature".  If you're in the message+ app you don't get notifications for new messages.  Must have been to many complaints from the kids and others that are sending texts 24/7.

Please restore that, or give us the option to turn it on.  I tend to send a message and set my phone down and go back to work on my computer, and before the update a few months back i'd get a notification sound for the reply to the message i just sent.  Now you don't, unless you exit the app or lock the phone which defeats the purpose of the notification sound.

We need an option to turn that sound for all new messages on in the app.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kormath, thanks for the honest feedback, we appreciate your input. We always strive to improve. Rest assured, your voice will be heard. For more details about the Verizon Message Plus service, feel free to visit our FAQ page: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/. Please let us know if this provided peace of mind.

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
ItsMe11
Enthusiast - Level 1

same thing here.. driving me nuts!!

jerro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here! Depending on the phone, you can ditch Verizons Message+ and use the phones default messenger until it is fixed, but judging how VZW is going it good luck

BTW the PC Messenger APP was orignially great; now its useless too,  itno longer updates messages or synchronized across other devices like your phone.  Verizon is getting  for worse & we have been on since 1989 (BAMS/VZW)

0 Likes
Kormath
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no other message app that has a driving mode and will send auto replies when you're connected to your car's Bluetooth.  It's illegal to use your phone while driving here now, that's the only reason I suffer with this message+ app.

So, please give the option to enable or disable notifications for replies.

Michigun
Enthusiast - Level 2

See if the solution I came up with in the following post fixes your issue:

Verizon Message+ App - Sound Notifications Not Working

0 Likes