No text message notification while on the phone
Taylomike

I'm not getting text message notification while on the phone.  I have a Galaxy S8+ and using messenge+ 6.6.5.  I was getting them before but after recent update I'm not getting them anymore.  All notifications are turned on so not sure what happened.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No text message notification while on the phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to get all notifications, Taylomike. Can you tell me when you updated the software? Have you done any other troubleshooting, (other than ensuring all notifications are on)? Please try powering the phone OFF for 2 minutes, and then back ON, and test. 

Vanessa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Taylomike

The update was the Samsung update that happens every so often it was nothing I did.  I did power it on and off and restarted.  I notice that there's no option to say notify while on phone or whatever it use to say.

0 Likes
Taylomike

I'm still having issues is there anyone out there who can HELP?

0 Likes
Taylomike

Hello is anyone out there!!  I disabled it shut phone off for 2min powered back on enabled it and it's still not working.  All notification are turned.  I would say this the only time get a notice is when the phone is on vibrate.   I'm now running version 6.6.7

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Taylomike,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in our response. Thanks so much for your efforts in troubleshooting the message notifications. There are times when features are removed when updates occur. So that we can be sure whether it's an app issue or just related to a software change, let's get some additional information. Try making the Samsung Messages app the default app for us. To do this, open Messages(yellow app), then choose Yes to change the messaging app and test it out. Do you receive message notifications from the Samsung messaging app while you're on a call? Please confirm the device software version you have installed on your phone. You can check for this information using the steps shown on this link http://spr.ly/6588DIXxe

Shawnte_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Taylomike

It's working with Samsung Messaging app. Hopefully you guys get the Verziion one working again,  it's just better to me.

My software version is up to date and was updated to N950USQU4CRF3.

0 Likes