No way to refresh in new Windows Message + desktop app
ACANFIEL

I am finding that new text messages are not showing up in the new Windows 10 Message + desktop app, and there doesn't seem to be any way to do a manual refresh, like there is in every other messaging app.

Or am I missing it?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: No way to refresh in new Windows Message + desktop app
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@ACANFIEL wrote:

I am finding that new text messages are not showing up in the new Windows 10 Message + desktop app, and there doesn't seem to be any way to do a manual refresh, like there is in every other messaging app.

Or am I missing it?

Thanks

No, you're not missing it, as it is not there (yet?).  Provide feedback or contact developers in the app or the Microsoft Store.  Also you can send emails directly to the Verizon Messaging Team at verizonmessages at verizonwireless dot com. I've sent/received several emails asking about these issues but all they've done so far is ask level one troubleshooting questions, similar to what a bot would ask. Hopefully, a dedicated, knowledgeable VZM team member will respond. Also, you might leave a review on the Microsoft Store Win10 M+ app page.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Acanfiel,

We always want our messaging application to work properly. When did this issue start? -Pamela

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Hi Acanfiel,

We always want our messaging application to work properly. When did this issue start? -Pamela

I can answer this.  Since the Win10 M+ app (created 8/20/2021) and appeared in the Microsoft Store, this v3.0.0 does NOT have a SYNC/REFRESH option to re-sync messages with the messaging database the Integrated Messaging devices use.

Maybe you should check with the Verizon Messaging Team?

0 Likes
ACANFIEL

I sent them Feedback from the app.  Pretty lame to not have a refresh 🤔

0 Likes
JPWREALESTATE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very disappointing that one of the largest communications corporations in America can't build a reliable phone app.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@JPWREALESTATE wrote:

Very disappointing that one of the largest communications corporations in America can't build a reliable phone app.

The Message+ mobile phone app works fine. This thread is about the Windows 10 Message+ desktop app not working so well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JPWREALESTATE

I personally keep in touch with everyone through messaging myself, so I understand the importance of being able to use that application. Here is a link that will provide you information that desktop application https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-203105/

That said, what do you mean by you are not able to refresh the app? What issues are you having using that application? Please elaborate.

-Edward

0 Likes