Not All Group Chat Members Receive Messages on Message+
MarkD819

I have a group chat with 10 friends. One of them is now not receiving messages from anyone in the chat. When I text this person myself outside of the group chat, they receive the messages like normal when using the Message+ app. They have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Message+ app multiple times on their device. I have tried starting new group chats and have checked to make sure the correct phone number is added multiple times and still nothing seems to work. We have Android and Apple devices with multiple carriers in the chat and nobody else has any issue. No other members in the chat receive this person's messages in the group either. This particular person has an Android device. Is there something we are missing? Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not All Group Chat Members Receive Messages on Message+
MarkD819

Also, the user not receiving messages uses Xfinity Mobile and has the Note 8.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

We understand how one missing person in the group chat can really hinder your communication.

It sounds like that user may need to contact Xfinity Mobile since they seem to be the only one that is having issues with group messages. Hopefully that will get them back on track with their messages.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your friend to be able to message with in the group chat as well. I know this must be a hassle to deal with. However, we would not be able to trouble shoot the issue unless you have the phone with you and if they are a Verizon customer. If they are a customer with us please have them message us here or on Facebook/Twitter page for assistance. I hope this helps in some way. 

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
miklil1011
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not specific to any device or carrier. I have several group chats where this same issue is occuring and for multiple people on multiple networks. This is not a device or network issue. If looking into group details, their conversation bubble is blue. The rest of the users getting the messages are grayed out. I have been troubleshooting on my own and with Verizon for over 2 hours.....uninstall/reinstall, update, remove and and back to group, etc. Still not working. This is a definite bug in the software and should be brought to the development team. 

stanpass
Enthusiast - Level 1

This explains my problem to the tee.

This isn't a Covid-19 issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us to know that you're experiencing problems with group messages, stanpass. It is important your group messages work without problems, and we will make sure to help. We have some questions to better assist. When did you start experiencing this problem? Are these group chats that you created? Are these users able to receive other group messages? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes