Not Receiving Texts in Online Message
charmed33
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I am using verizon text messages online.

I just signed up yesterday.

I am using it to receive verification texts while at work to sign up for some products/services.

I have been unable to receive any verification texts.

I also sent myself a text from globfone as an additional test.  I did not receive it either.

The only text I have received is one that I sent to my own number through the verizon messages online. 

Mobile phones/tablets are not allowed where I work and there are no work phones in the area I work either. 

So I must rely on online texting - which unfortunately seems not to be working.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Kirsten

Re: Not Receiving Texts in Online Message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Charmed33, we thank you for such detailed information. As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too. We certainly want you to enjoy using Verizon's Message + feature, and we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems receiving verification messages to your device. We'll do everything we can to get this matter resolved. We thank you for the troubleshooting steps you've already completed. Let's get started! What's the make/model of your phone? Have there been any recent changes with it? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) Have you tried rebooting your phone? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@charmed33 wrote:

Hello,

I am using verizon text messages online.

I just signed up yesterday.

I am using it to receive verification texts while at work to sign up for some products/services.

I have been unable to receive any verification texts.

I also sent myself a text from globfone as an additional test.  I did not receive it either.

The only text I have received is one that I sent to my own number through the verizon messages online. 

Mobile phones/tablets are not allowed where I work and there are no work phones in the area I work either. 

So I must rely on online texting - which unfortunately seems not to be working.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Kirsten

Some texts, for security verifications or authentications, are delivered ONLY to the primary device associated with that phone number.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
bgdogy
Enthusiast - Level 1

At least you understood his question unlike the Verizon person.  He is doing it via the web app and Verizon asks about his phone model.  They must not have a clue or it's a canned response

Thanks for helping out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your needs and would like to help. It is important to verify if your line have restrictions for short code messages. If you are using Verizon Message + on your  computer all restrictions on your line are also effective when you use the app on your PC. In the links below, you will find important information. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-94861/

We also recommend to check if you have blocks for Premium Messaging via My Verizon. Check the link below:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-91643/

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
btamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jav6and @charmed33 ,

Do you know if there has been a solution to this yet?

I just started to using Text online and I have the exact same issue. Seeing your post is couple months old, I hope there has been an update on this since then.

Thanks,

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@btamer Nothing has been marked/accepted as solution. Are you saying you don't see authentication short codes in the web messaging site? Do you receive them on your phone?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how important it is to get a notification of verification text delivered to your online Message Plus account. For security, verification messages will only be sent to your mobile device, not an online portal.  AlbertoR_VZW

btamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correct.

Not on the website, but on the phone.

Since my screen is damaged, I was hoping to be able to use the website.

0 Likes
btamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support 

Just a feedback for future enhancement:

I would appreciate if you can add this feature to online texting, too. For example, someone might be traveling and their plan might not be a good one to use internationally.