Re: Not Receiving Texts in Online Message
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Another option would be to have an alternate method as a choice for verification, e.g. an email instead of text message...

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Without feedback, systems in place go unchecked. Thank you. I’ve lifted this up to leadership.

0 Likes
Risaven
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon,   I understand that the delivery of verification codes to the web based app is a security concern.  Multi-factor authentication requires our ability to receive these messages when our phone is not available.  Do  you have any alternative methods in which your customers (including myself) can do multi-factor authentication through a web based solution?  Can we set-up our cell phone to dial our work desk with an audible verification number when receiving these verification codes?  We need the ability to validate when our phone is not available so anything Verizon can help with would be appreciated.  Thank you!

0 Likes
Risaven
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support

I understand that verification text cannot be delivered to Message Plus web based account for security purposes.  Do you have an alternative solution for Verizon cusomers who cannot bring their phone to all locations and must use the Message Plus online application for muliti-factor authentication? 

Idea 1:  Add a feature that allows us to add a landline phone number to our verizon account for forwarding verification texts as audible calls.  This might help some users who cannot take their phone to work but do have a desk phone that could receive those codes.

Idea 2: Lett the users decide if they want to remove the security block and allow those verification codes be delivered to the web based app. 

Idea 3: add multi-factor authentication option through a token or land-line code for access to the verizion messages part of the verizon website.  If a user logs in without using the multi-factor method they will not receive the verification codes but if they authenticated through multi-factor to verizon messages then enable the verification codes pass through to the web based app.

These are just some idea's that I have and look forward to anything Verizon can deliver in supporting this issue!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Risaven, thanks so much for reaching out to us about this. I completely understand how you feel. However I want to make sure I provide you with the most accurate information. Is this in relation to a business account?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Risaven, I would like to provide the best solution possible. We are always working to improve the technology we offer our customers. However, at this time these are not features that are a part of our network. We truly appreciate the feedback you are providing, it will not go unheard. I would not be able to provide you with a timeframe of if or when something like this would happen. Did this address your concern?

0 Likes