Not able to send or receive texts from 'one' contact
arisdisc

I have one contact in my address book (of about 100) that I cannot send or receive texts from. All others work fine.
We both have Verizon accounts and both have Iphones.

I've already tried deleting his contact info and sending one directly typing in his number, but I still get the red exclamation point meaning 'failed'.
He gets the same results trying to text me.

What's the next step?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not able to send or receive texts from 'one' contact
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Arisdisc

I use text messaging all the time. I understand how this problem that would be very frustrating. I can look into this for you.

Please make sure Wifi is disabled. Do you or that contact have a signature on your text messages?
If so please remove it and retest. A Signature could be a name or a smily face or an icon.

Please delete the contact and  all old text messages from this person reenter the contact with only 10 digits and retest.

Please let me know if this helps, if not I will be glad to further troubleshoot.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
arisdisc

Actually, that puts us back to where we were at the beginning.

Neither of us use wi-fi, nor use signatures and there are no texts to delete, since they've never worked.

We also originally were using 10 digit numbers back and forth which always failed.

Just for grins, I just tried it anyway...and it failed again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

arisdisc,

Thank you for replying! I would like to take a look at the account to ensure we get to the bottom of this for you! Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message with your name and mobile number so I can reach out to you. Thank you!

AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes