Not getting activation code for messages app
mrchumley

The app asked for my cell number to send a security code.  I put it in but I never got the text with the security code.  I installed on galaxy tab a.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not getting activation code for messages app
Not applicable

Hi mrchumley

First - You must be a VZW customer in order to use the app on your Tab or PC.

Second - Assuming that you are, the app must first be installed on your mobile phone. The PIN is sent to your Message+ app on your mobile phone.

Third - Please check if you are subscribed to INTEGRATED MESSAGING: Launch Verizon Messages; go to Settings – under integrated Messaging feature, If you ARE Subscribed , you will see the Unsubscribe option. 1) If NOT subscribed,   go ahead and subscribe.  2) If you ARE subscribed  unsubscribe then restart you phone and re-subscribe.

If the issue continues, please let us know.

THANKS,

ALIEM

0 Likes
mrchumley

I unsubscribed, restarted and subscribed again. Still not getting the

text with the code. I failed to mention that I am getting all of my texts

on my phone via wifi because I am in an area with no service. Would that

make a difference?

On Jan 15, 2016 2:27 PM, "Verizon Wireless Community" <

0 Likes
Not applicable

hi mrchumley,

Thank you for that additional information.  Yes. You must be on a network to get the PIN.

RE- RESET WIFI

To reset wifi, please get onto a Cellular Network just long enough to get a new security code. Launch Verizon Messages> Main Menu> Settings – under Integrated Messaging , select 'Unsubscribe' . Then re-'Subscribe' to Integrated Messaging. Once you receive and activate the security code/PIN , you will be able to turn off Data and message over wifi.

Let me know please if you continue to have an issue.

THANKS,

ALIEM

0 Likes
pcdoc2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no option for subscribe/ unsubscribe. I have shut off my Wi-Fi and I have good signal from Verizon.

0 Likes