Not getting notification for Message+ on iPhone 6
Lrn619

I have an iPhone 6 and I am not getting any notifications for Message+.  I have turned off iMessage and all notifications for it.  When I open the app the messages are there and the badge icon will show after exiting the app.  It's like it's not refreshing until the app is opened.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not getting notification for Message+ on iPhone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am disappointed that this is happening with your messaging service LRN619. Is the app up to date? Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the applications?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bricon123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same Question and yes:

The app is up to date.

Version 2.4.3

I have uninstalled then reinstalled the app.

My iPad is up to date. IOS 10.3.1

Your support team has asked all of these questions on multiple threads and have received the same answer's from all of us users. So far, none of the support staff has asked any further questions, or answered, let alone give more advice on what to do.

This needs attention.

0 Likes
EMMGUT65
Enthusiast - Level 2

Message+ app is 2.4.3.  iOS is 10.3.1.  Yes, I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling.  Yes, I've tried Message+ > Settings > Manage Devices > Disconnect, then reconnecting.  The problem persists. 

It's not iOS's Background App Refresh that's to blame because Viber, another messaging app, is able to raise Notifications.

It's an update that the Verizon app team applied to Message+ that broke it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello  bricon123,

We definitely want to ensure you are receiving notifications for your messages. Is this only happening on your iPad? What make and model phone do you have? Has this occurred on your phone at all?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bricon123
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is happening on both my iPad and my iPhone.

my iPad is an IPad Air2 and phone is a 5S. Both are running the latest iOS, updated yesterday.

The issues started when I updated the Message + app last week, so I know it wasn't the Apple update.

There are only notifications when I have the app actually open. Before, the app has always alerted when it was open, open in the background, not open, as well as on the lock screen (open or closed)

It does alert very sporadically, but only once or twice every couple of days. I agree with all the other users that it is most likely a Verizon server issue, as we have done all of the usual, and unusual tricks we've learned when other Verizon updates have come through.

Please give me more suggestions that could resolve this. As you noted, getting notifications is very important.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the information you have provided for us. At this time, we would recommend working with the Verizon Messages app development team. They will be able to further troubleshoot this concern. They can be reached via email at VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EMMGUT65
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
AWRBONZO
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am having the exact problem.  No resolutoin. C'mon, verizon.  This is pathetic.  I cannot get notifications for my incoming messages, but I pay you hundreds of dollars a month for the data an messaging to receive them. Get off you duffs and fix this!!!

Mentalbob

I've had the same problem on all my iDevices for weeks.  My android phone is my primary device so both my iPhone and my iPad ride on its number for SMS via message+.   I really would rather not switch to my iPhone as primary and rely on iMessage but if this continues much longer I don't see any alternative.

0 Likes