Not getting notification when on call s9
LILKUNTRYCUTIE

I previously had a S7 and I was able to receive audible and vibration text notifications when on a phone call. I recently purchase the s9 and have selected the option under phone settings; however, I receive no notification. Is there a way to enable this. I don't understand why a feature would be removed from a phone when it already had the option to enable/disable. This is frustrating because I am missing notifications when on a phone call. I am using Message+ as my default messaging app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not getting notification when on call s9
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lilkuntrycutie, we understand the importance of being notified of a text message while on the phone. Let’s work together to check on your options and see what’s going on. Was this the way that you turned on the notifications? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216774/  Also have you ensured that this setting was on: Open the phone app >>Tap the 3 dots on the upper right corner and tap settings>>Call Alerts. >>Turn on 'Notify During Calls'. Additionally, do you experience this same issue if you using the Samsung Stock Messaging app?

Takendra_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LILKUNTRYCUTIE

Yes i have gone through the phone and chosen the option to enable notifications while on calls. I do not want to switch to the Messages app.. i want to use the Message+ app, because it gives the option for chat. I just dont understand why a feature would be removed or inaccessible when it already gave people the ability to enable/disable at their discretion. I have seen where people download an app to get the notifications; however, I don't feel like that should be the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LILKUNTRYCUTIE,

We appreciate you taking those steps and we definitely want to ensure everything is working as it should be. Now, just to be certain, did you notice if the notifications were coming through with the stock application? We're not recommending you switch to this application but use it as a way to troubleshoot and identify the issue. 

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes