Not getting texts until data is turned on. Droid turbo, message +
MICDEA6

Not getting texts until data is turned on. I use droid turbo with Verizon message+ app. Works intermittently. The contact that I have the most problems receiving from has their name written in blue while all others are in black.

Have called Verizon service about it 3 times. Updated software 2x. Still a problem!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not getting texts until data is turned on. Droid turbo, message +
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure you can stay connected to the people that matter most to you! Is Integrated Messaging active via Message+>Menu>Settings? Does this happen over multiple WiFi networks or just one?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MICDEA6

Problem seems very intermittent. No wifi or data on and don't get all

texts. When either wifi or data is on, they will then come through. Oddly

enough it happens mostly from texts between my droid and my daughter's. And

when sending to each other, the font is blue in my contact while all others

are black. Problem is with my daughter's phone.

On Feb 27, 2017 9:23 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
MICDEA6

I will have her check the Integrated messaging but I'm sure it is not set

to wifi only. We have been working on fixing this problem for awhile now

and have checked settings etc.

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
MICDEA6

What next?

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really appreciate all your time and effort with this, MICDEA6. You mentioned that this happens with both Wi-Fi and Cellular data turned off but when either is turned on; the messages come through but are very intermittent. Text messages (no special characters, fewer than 160 characters) will go through without any data whatsoever. If it’s longer, has a picture, or special character (like a smiley face for example) then there will be some type of data needed for the message to send. When you look at the messages that don’t send, do you notice any of those characteristics? Since it happens mostly with one person, does that person have a signature with their messages?

JenniferH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
warrenjm

My wife is having this issue too.  But she is getting most if not all of my MMS messages to her (pics, over 160, emotes, etc).  The ones she isn't getting are straight text (sms).  It's also intermittent and on her Moto Z Force.  It has been the last week or two and a lot today/yesterday.  She said her phone did an update in the past few days.  Sometimes her blue messenger icon will say # new messages, but all show read.  I have restarted it 5x and the icon number will go away occasionally, but mostly stays on. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your wife's messaging is working the way it should warrenjm. Let's see what we need to do to get this resolved. What messaging app is your wife using for texting? I know you mentioned she is having the same issue, but to be sure I am completely understanding, are her messages working properly when she is connected to WiFi or data?

RashadM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
warrenjm

She is using Android Messenger on her Droid Force Z.  My daughter now has it as well on her Droid Turbo 2.  But on the Turbo 2 we aren't sure if she's missing texts.  On the Force, she is not getting them on Data for sure, but not sure about WiFi.  It's only been for the past week, maybe 2.  I know both of their phones have done at least 2 updates, so I wonder if it's a bug in the new version. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

warrenjm, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Let's make sure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Try deleting all unwanted text messages, pictures, videos, call logs, and e-mails to free up memory space. Power that phone off/on and send a test text message. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes