Not receiving SMS from specific numbers
jgolden

I have an iPhone 5c. I am failing to receive sms from a number of people (non iPhone users). Although, I still successfully receive sms from others. I called tech support and reset all my network settings, to no avail.

I looked at the online sms log for my line, and these numbers are not showing up as incoming to my account either, although these people have shown me proof of sent messages. Could this be a porting issue? The weird thing is, I've successfully sent and received messages from these people about a month ago, same phone same line. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving SMS from specific numbers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this jgolden! Try deleting any old text conversations with the contacts you are unable to receive sms from, power the phone off, remove/insert the sim here http://vz.to/1scci6p power on, test and share. If still unsuccessful please share if the contacts have anything else in common other than non iPhones such as the carrier. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jgolden

Thank you for your quick response. I followed the steps you gave me:

Deleted the text conversations, Powered off, Removed/replaced the sim card,

Powered on.

Had one of the people text me again, but still did not receive it.

I do believe some, if not all, are us cellular customers.

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jgolden,

I appreciate you trying the steps provided before. Let's keep working on this to get it resolved. Do you know if they had iPhones at one point? Please go to Settings>Messages>Send&Receive>Select only your phone number. Then complete this http://vz.to/1aZSxCY . Keep me posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jgolden

1) they have not previously been iphone users

2) I followed the given steps, but still no change.

New info: I turned on my old phone (a basic phone that was on us cellular, on the number I had ported to verizon) and all the texts showed up there. Is this confirmation of a porting issue? If so, how can I get this resolved?

0 Likes