Not receiving all texts messages or phone calls
brownsugar12

I have recently not able to receive all of my text messages and I have had several people tell me they called me. but I did not receive it nor did it come up as a missed call. It happens when it chooses to, but a lot of times I have to cut my phone off and on again so that my texts will come through. Usually when people send texts and they are not received, they show up after you turn the phone back on but they don't do that either. My software was recently updated about a 2 weeks ago, so I'm not understanding what the issue is. Should I format my phone and hope that fixes it or take it to the Verizon store?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving all texts messages or phone calls
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand how frustrating and inconvenient missing your calls and text messages can be and I'm here to help. 

I also have the HTC Thunderbolt and have not had this problem. I've thoroughly researched this and did not find it has been reported as a known issue by other users. 

You mentioned you updated your phone two weeks ago. Was it the Gingerbread SW update? If not, click here for instructions on how to update the SW. 

If you already have Gingerbread I recommend performing a hard reset

If you are still experiencing missed calls or text messages after the hard reset, please post back so I can further assist you.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving all texts messages or phone calls
brownsugar12

the last software update I think was firmware or something like that, and I just checked for a new software update (as I'm typing this) and it says no new software updates.

0 Likes