Not receiving any text messages
AutumnKay

I am able to send text messages, but unable to receive ANY text messages from ANY ONE. 

Is there anything I can do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving any text messages
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello AutumnKay,

I just assisted another community member with an issue similar to yours. I hoping that it's just a coincidence and not a pattern. May I ask what make and model device do you have? Also, what city and state are you in? If you don't mind, I will post some troubleshooting steps for you to try to get this resolve for you. Since the model of your device is unknown, I'm going to list some steps to try as if you have an Android device. They are as follows:

• Delete any long threaded messages from the text message inbox.
  • Clearing data and clearing cache on commonly used apps.
  • Move pictures and videos to the memory card.
  • Uninstall any unused apps or 3rd paryt messaging apps downloaded from the Market.
  • Remove any anti-virus apps or task managers.
  • Delete any widgets that's not being used from the main screens to free up RAM.
  • Manually stop unnecessary or unused services in settings. 

Once you have done the step above then retry your text to see if you are able to receive text messages. If you are still unable to receive messages then the next step is a factory reset. I have provided some links below on how to complete a factory reset on the Droid Incredible 2 and the Motorola Droid Bionic for your reference.

Incredible 2 - http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42020

Droid Bionic - http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=46649

As always, I recommend that you verify that your contacts and calendar entries are backed up on your Gmail account. You also have backup assistant to use for archiving your contacts. Once this reset has been complete then the device would need to be reactivated. This is a fairly simple process as there is a tutorial that walks you through the process. After the device is reactivated and setup, please test all voice and data services then test your incoming text messages. If you continue to have this issue then please reply to this message with your findings so I can further assist.

Thank you...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chrissyUM

The same thing is happen to me. Only I'm getting some text messages at times, and not others (and it doesn't depend on the sender either-sometimes I get a text from someone and then I don't get another text from that same person). I just realized this has been happening since last week, when they were having the outage with the 4G network. Tech support told me to reprogram my phone (*228 - option one) but that hasn't worked. Any ideas? 

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello AutumnKay,

I just assisted another community member with an issue similar to yours. I hoping that it's just a coincidence and not a pattern. May I ask what make and model device do you have? Also, what city and state are you in? If you don't mind, I will post some troubleshooting steps for you to try to get this resolve for you. Since the model of your device is unknown, I'm going to list some steps to try as if you have an Android device. They are as follows:

• Delete any long threaded messages from the text message inbox.
  • Clearing data and clearing cache on commonly used apps.
  • Move pictures and videos to the memory card.
  • Uninstall any unused apps or 3rd paryt messaging apps downloaded from the Market.
  • Remove any anti-virus apps or task managers.
  • Delete any widgets that's not being used from the main screens to free up RAM.
  • Manually stop unnecessary or unused services in settings. 

Once you have done the step above then retry your text to see if you are able to receive text messages. If you are still unable to receive messages then the next step is a factory reset. I have provided some links below on how to complete a factory reset on the Droid Incredible 2 and the Motorola Droid Bionic for your reference.

Incredible 2 - http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42020

Droid Bionic - http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=46649

As always, I recommend that you verify that your contacts and calendar entries are backed up on your Gmail account. You also have backup assistant to use for archiving your contacts. Once this reset has been complete then the device would need to be reactivated. This is a fairly simple process as there is a tutorial that walks you through the process. After the device is reactivated and setup, please test all voice and data services then test your incoming text messages. If you continue to have this issue then please reply to this message with your findings so I can further assist.

Thank you...

0 Likes