Not receiving (any) texts.
atcresci

I'm not receiving texts at all, but texts that I send are being received. I can still call and receive calls.  If anyone has any tips, I would really appreciate it! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving (any) texts.
Visuban

This also appears to be impacting my HTC Thunderbolt. I have confirmed that others have sent text messages to my number, which I have not received. In my case, it appears to have started sometime yesterday.

0 Likes
marsacademy

I'm having a similar problem. I just switched back to Verizon last week, so I wasn't sure whether this was "normal" or not - but I will go hours without receiving any text messages sent to me - and then suddenly, it's working again, with no input or changes from me. I had one period on Friday where messages I tried to send also stayed in "pending" status for hours, but other than that - I haven't had problems sending.

I get a lot of folks sent to text from twitter, specifically so I don't have to miss their updates but don't have to continually check twitter on my phone at work. It's very annoying that since switching carriers, this has become so unreliable. I wasn't having more than the very occasional (single) missed message with my old provider.

I did check my twitter set-up, since there is where most of my texts come from. I hadn't made any changes in months, and the problem is new, but I thought it safer to check - and indeed, I hadn't changed my texting set-up there.

0 Likes
ladder63ff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just started having a problem yesterday. I have the iphone 4 s. I sent a text at 4pm on dec 7th and I receiving the answer back at 7am on dec 8th after the person said they texted me right back..15 hrs later ??   My wife texted me a few times today at 9m and I didn't receive till 430 pm. Its 9pm and Im still waiting for a text to hit my phone my wife said she send from her iphone 4 at 5pm.

I'm not sure if this is a problem Verizon has on the end or my phone acting up

0 Likes
tilly1998

I'm having the same problem, and have been for several days.  I've done the power down/remove battery/wait/restart as suggested when I called Verizon, but no improvement.  I did receive one text today, but was on Wifi at the time.  Does anyone know what's causing this, or more importantly, how to fix it?

0 Likes