Not receiving messages sent to myPhoneNumber@vtext.com
therealgoofus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am tyring to use the SMS gateway (@vtext.com) to receive alerts from my banks/credit cards as SMS messages instead of as email.  This has worked well in the past but their is one specific message that isn't coming through.  I have verified with the sender through their email server logs that the message was accepted by Verizon for delivery yet it does not get to my phone.

Although the message is simple text I have also repeated the steps using the MMS gateway (@vzxwpix.com if I remember correctly) with the same result.

Is there a content filter in place that might be stopping the message from getting through thinking it is spam?  If so wouldn't it be better netiquette to tell the sender rather than telling them it's accepted for delivery?

I can't control the wording or format of the message - any other ideas of things I could do to get these message through?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving messages sent to myPhoneNumber@vtext.com
Not applicable

HI Everyone,

I ran into this issue just last week regarding financial institutions.  By design, the Verizon Messages app does NOT flow text messages from a number of banking/financial institutions. I realize that some information is delivered from some vendors, while others are not.  I don't have an answer for which ones get through the gateway.

But, this block is by design as a security measure.

Thank you!

ALIEM@VERIZONMESSAGES

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

therealgoofus,

Being able to receive your banking through a text message notification is definitely convenient and we would like to help make this possible for you. Have you ever been able to receive this specific text via a text message? Any recent changes to your phone? What type of phone do you have?

Here to help.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
therealgoofus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted this on behalf of the owners of the company I work for.  I don't want to get into the specific content of their bank messages however I just ran a test sending the specific text of another message that they are not able to receive and it did go through which I think should eliminate the consideration of a content filter blocking the message.

This particular message is sent from a monitoring service.  The message path is from the sender to an alias address on our corporate mail server which then broadcasts to 3 cell phones.  2 of those phones are on Verizon, neither of which receive the message though they do receive other messages sent through the same alias.

There are no recent changes to their phones.

One phone is a Samsung S6 Edge, the other an iPhone 5s.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate these follow up details, therealgoofus. Just to make sure, the you have attempted to send the message through 'mobilenumber'@vzwpix.com and not vzxwpix.com?

Regarding the messages that are failing to deliver to their phones, the messages are related only to their bank, correct?

Just in case, do you know if they have a Premium Text Block on their lines? If they don't, I at least recommend having the block added, and then removed, to see if this helps get the messages coming through once again like normal. They may need to call in to customer support to have this step performed.

Please keep us updated.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
therealgoofus
Enthusiast - Level 2

vzxwpix was a typo, should have been vzwpix.

It is both the bank messages and the server alerts - I just don't have many details about their bank messages and don't want to get into that with them but I do have all of the details of the server alerts including the logs from the corporate mail server showing the messages are accepted for delivery by Verizon.  Based on you asking makes me wonder if this is a violation of your use policy for a non-business account?  If it is, is there anything that can be done so that we can use the service in this way that conforms to the use policy?

They will proceed with the text block after we find out if they also need to change their account in some way so that they can take care of everything with one call to customer service.

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI Everyone,

I ran into this issue just last week regarding financial institutions.  By design, the Verizon Messages app does NOT flow text messages from a number of banking/financial institutions. I realize that some information is delivered from some vendors, while others are not.  I don't have an answer for which ones get through the gateway.

But, this block is by design as a security measure.

Thank you!

ALIEM@VERIZONMESSAGES

0 Likes
therealgoofus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for that information about banks.

My question about the AUP has not been answered, is using the gateway for monitoring alerts of a business server a violation of your AUP?

And, while this might well be why bank notices are not coming through, why wouldn't the server alert messages get through and more importantly why is Verizon "Accepting messages for delivery" that are not delivered?

0 Likes
dieselmachine2
Enthusiast - Level 2

> more importantly why is Verizon "Accepting messages for delivery" that are not delivered?

I think we'd all like to know the answer to this question.

And I'm pretty sure Verizon is never going to provide it. I mean, it's been nearly a month and not a single support person has seen fit to provide an excuse for "accepting for delivery" then trashing the messages. I've been dealing with the same stupid problem.

This probably won't help you, but in my case I finally got my messages to go through by reordering the email headers. If that sounds stupid, it's because it IS stupid. If you're not in control of the outbound server (unlikely if you're dealing with bank notifications), then this won't help you at all.

Good luck in your endeavors, and if you ever manage to get an answer from Verizon, please post it!