Not receiving messages then they all download at once
gnomebtc

I started having an issue out of the blue where I will not receive any messages, then if I open verizon messager and start texting, hours of text messages will download all at once.   All of the other app's are sending notifications as normal, I've been through every notification setting to double-check it's normal and the verizon messanger app is clearly not asleep/in driving mode/etc.     I finally gave up and uninstalled/reinstalled the verizon messanger app and it worked like normal for 3 days.   Today, I started to type a message and it downloaded about a dozen texts from the last 4 hours.    

Is there any obvious cause to this happening now?   Is these some deep-hidden setting that is blocking my notifications?   

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving messages then they all download at once
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello gnomebtc! 

We are here to help, and we know how important it is for your messages to work! Let's see how we can work with you to get your messages fixed and flowing once again. What is the make & model of your phone? When did you begin having trouble? 

-Michelle

0 Likes
gnomebtc

It is a Samsung Galaxy A42 5G 128GB.

The problem start over a month ago.  We were at the family event and when I would go to text one of them, as I was typing about 20 messages would download in quick succession from various other contacts, time-stamped from several hours ago.   I thought it was very odd.   Now it is happening off and on every day, which is very frustrating especially if I miss something from daycare, school or a ride!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi, gnomebtc. Thanks for contacting Verizon Social Media. I'll be delighted to assist you with any question or doubt. Please, please contact us through Facebook or Twitter, for a personal assistance.

>Apollo

0 Likes