Not receiving mms from tmobile after switching to verizon
Woody30

Its been 1 year now and no help on why I can't receive mms or group messages from tmobile.  Sms direct 1 on 1 no problem. I ported over to verizon and started having issues right away my wife ported over 1 month later and no problems for her they tried everything opened 2 tickets i called at least 4 different times i called tmobile multiple times both sides pointing fingers at each other anyone else have this issue and now how to resolve it i tried different messaging apps,reseting different phones, tried my wife's phone doesn't matter just me  

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving mms from tmobile after switching to verizon
State_of_mind
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever find a solution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

State_of_mind, we understand the importance of staying connected, and are happy to help out. To clarify, is this just Multimedia messages or normal texts also? It is only happening with TMobile users? 

*Joshua

0 Likes
State_of_mind
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can receive individual texts and mms messages perfectly, but if I'm in a group thread with multiple people I do not receive messages from t mobile subscribers

0 Likes
MOOKIE1127
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter is having the same issue with her iPhone. She recently ported over from T-Mobile and she is unable to see messages from other T-Mobile users in our family group chat. She had no issues before coming to Verizon. She is using the exact same phone she had on TMobile and just got a sim from Verizon so the issue has to be on Verizon's end 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to troubleshoot this matter with you to better discern the core location of the problem, and get it corrected. Please tell us, is your daughters Messaging settings set to have iMessages, and Send as SMS turned on?

*Robert

0 Likes
Shannon10221969
Enthusiast - Level 1

This exact problem is happening with my phone since switching to Verizon from T-Mobile.  Although it did not happen right away.  

I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon on June 4th.  I was receiving pictures via text message from my sister who is still a T-mobile customer up until last Friday, June 24, 2022.  I am not able to receive them from my daughter who is also a T-Mobile customer.  There is no problem getting pictures attached to a text message from any other carrier that I have found.  No one seems to know how to fix it at the moment.  

All my settings are on and where they need to be and I even did a Reset to the Network settings.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, Shannon! I can understand your concerns, especially with it being with multiple people with T-Mobile. I see you mentioned this did not happen right away; have you done any sort of Software Updates to your device, or installed any Call filter applications? 

*Aly

0 Likes
Katfishgr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Just changed from T-Mobile to Verizon. And bought a new phone in the process. At first MMS from T-Mobile users worked fine. Now they do not. SMS and iMessage works fine. MMS from ATT and other Verizon users works fine. But Metro and T-Mobile/Sprint users, forget it. I do not receive any pics they send. Only regular texts. And it’s really a problem, as picture sending and receiving is part of my job. I will change to ATT without hesitation if this cannot be resolved. I left Sprint/T-Mobile because they could not support two lines on one phone. Otherwise I would have stayed with them. My rate was cheaper as well. Please address this problem and fix it! I’m a tech guy, and have already spoke with support about it. It’s not a network congestion issue. Frustrating.

State_of_mind
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel like the problem won't be solved. I might have to switch back to T Mobile. I've spoke to multiple reps and they all suggest the same troubleshooting steps: network resets, and network syncs. Nothing solves the issue.  

0 Likes