Re: Not receiving mms from tmobile after switching to verizon
Katfishgr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly the same here. Network syncs, network resets, upgrading plan. Nothing has worked so far. Someone, somewhere within T-Mobile or Verizon  … knows what’s up. I’ll be moving along to ATT I suppose. Hate moving around, but I have to have the capability for my job. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no - please send us a Private Note so that we can discuss this further and give you the help you need, okay?*Stephannie

0 Likes
aschm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same problem since switching from Google Fi (T-Mobile MVNO) to Verizon at the beginning of June. SMS and iMessages from T-Mo or T-Mo MVNO subscribers work, but MMSes do not. MMS messages from Verizon and AT&T subscribers work as expected. I just had a ticket closed out as 'issue with outside provider'. I'm paying Verizon, Verizon should be the one to work with the other carrier's network support to fix this problem. I will be switching from Verizon if this is not resolved soon.

aschm
Enthusiast - Level 2

And let me be clear: it looks like this thread, after 2 years of inactivity, has had 5 separate users come forward with the same issue in the span of a week and a half. There is OBVIOUSLY a larger scale problem happening when porting numbers from T-Mobile and T-Mobile MVNOs to Verizon.

aschm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, here's a reddit thread from yesterday with another person having the same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/vojgka/anyone_having_problems_receiving_mms_messages/

0 Likes
Katfishgr
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the record, I was on sprint for years. Even though T-Mobile has bought sprint, there’s still some aspects on the backend that are still sprint. So while I may have technically come from T-Mobile, I was still on the sprint network. Anyway, at this point, I hope that those in the know are working on a fix. And not just pointing fingers at each other. This is where customer service will make a difference if I stay or go. The clock is ticking Verizon, you should at least acknowledge the problem. 

Katfishgr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Stephannie, there’s already a support ticket open but not progress thus far. It’s not a user related problem or setting. There’s an issue on one network or the other. And I say that simply because I can receive MMS from other Verizon and ATT users. It’s only a problem coming from T-Mobile users. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, State_of_mind. Thank you for reaching out to the Social media team. We're here to help. Please, send us a Private Note to get started.

*Haley

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, Katfishgr. Thank you for reaching out. We're here to help! Please, send us a Private Note to get started.

*Haley

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd never want you to switch to any other carrier. Please tell me, have you spoken to our Port team (888-844-7095)? 

-Carter

0 Likes