Not receiving some messages from Google Messages users
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon message+ is frequently not getting some texts from people using Google Messages. If I change my messaging app to Google Messages they show up there and then are on Verizon when I swap back. Any advice?

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving some messages from Google Messages users
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Also my phone is a Samsung S10+

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with Verizon Message+ not receiving certain text messages, aprayiii. We definitely want to help get to the bottom of this with you as we certainly don't want you to miss a single message. First off, is the app fully up to date? You can check the Play Store for updates. Here's how: http://spr.ly/6609HBIJ5 Are you having issues with calling or mobile data at all as well? Have you tried resetting the app? If not, we would recommend doing that and here's how: http://spr.ly/6600HBIJg

-RSM

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks. I have the latest but will try the reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let us know the results, aprayiii! We'll be on stand-by.

BrittanyR_VZW

0 Likes
sao0908

Having the same issued with One Plus 8 pro unlocked, didn't realize even Samsung users have the issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sao0908, we don't want to leave your messaging concerns left as is, so let's determine the root of the issue together! When did you first notice the problem? Does connecting to Wi-Fi or data impact your ability to receive these messages? Does the same problem occur if you switch over to the phone's pre-installed messaging app instead of Verizon Messages? 

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

What I am seeing is that when I use Google Messages myself some of the MMS texts from iPhone users do not appear in Group Chats. But then when I use Verizon Messages, or the default Samsung messaging app (S10+) some of the individual texts from Google Messages users never get to me. So I have to switch between Google Messages and Samsung Messaging multiple times each day to get all texts. Very frustrating. I have followed the directions above to reset both apps to no avail.

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

I think I solved the mystery at least for me. I have Google Messages installed and was using it with Chat Features turned on. But I was not getting some MMS messages from iPhone users. When I switched back to Verizon Message+ I was not getting messages from Google Messages users. I actually had to go back to Google Messages, disable Chat Features, then go back to Verizon Message+. Now I am getting texts from the Google Message users.

0 Likes