Not receiving some text messages
capnp72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Moto G Stylus model XT2043-5.  I believe it's the 2021 version running Android 11.  I don't turn on my phone when I'm at work.  If someone sends me a text during this time, I don't always receive it when I turn on my phone.  I use the Message+ app for texts.  Anyone else have this problem or know why this is happening?   Thabk you.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving some text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

capnp72,

We never want you to miss important messages. I know that's not okay. Thank you so much for reaching out. How long is the phone usually off for when this happens? Does it tend to be messages from certain people that don't come through or does it seem more random?

-Andrew

0 Likes
capnp72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turn off my phone when I go to bed at night.  If I work the following day, I don't turn my phone on until I get off of work.  The texts that I'm not receiving are usually sent while I'm at work.  It's not one particular person sending the texts, It could be from anyone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate those details. Are you ahving difficulties sending text messages or calls?  Are you having any signal issues while at work? 

-AL

0 Likes
capnp72
Enthusiast - Level 2

No issues sending text or making/receiving calls.

0 Likes
ckg101
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of about 2 weeks ago, Message+ has been doing this to me as well. If I don't open the app myself from time to time, none of my received texts will come through. I don't get push notifications anymore until I open the app, or if the app happens to be shrunk in the background.

This has lead to some issues with messages needing answers in a timely manner for work or other things. As far as I know, there haven't been any changes to my phone. I think my last OS update was about a month ago?

I'm on a Samsung a71 5g with Android v12.

I'm not sure what to do. I don't like Samsung's texting app, since M+ is so much more customizable in terms of sounds and colors (I know who texted me by sound before even looking at my phone, which is nice).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

capnp72, since the service works fine when it's powered on, there is no way to retreive or troubleshoot the messages that you don't receive when it's powered off. 

-Nicci

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ckg101,

Making sure you get all your messages is crucial. We want to make sure this works as it should all the time. To make sure I understand, when you open the app, the texts are there. You're just not getting the notifications, is that correct?

-Andrew

0 Likes
ClarkL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm experiencing the same problem and I have the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. using Messages+ I've spoken with several agents and at this point I feel like they are just guessing. This is a HUGE problem. I've done app reset, turned off phone for 5 minutes then restart, reset network connection, etc, etc. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ClarkL,

We can relate to how important your messages are to you. How lon ghas this been a concer? What patterns have you noticed with the messages missed?

-Arya

0 Likes