Not receiving texts from Xfinity Home Security or Paypal?
DcGamer05

I just ported from Sprint last Thursday and one line can receive 5 digit sms fine and the other sub line cannot. I checked and there are no service blocks I dont see what the issue is, but we absolutely have to have these messages come through because its pertains to our homes security system. If any one can help please let me know. We've tried everything, rebooting, reset, checking the account managers, service blocks to no avail. Please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving texts from Xfinity Home Security or Paypal?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to get security messages promptly, DcGamer05. It's possible that there's a slight delay with the sending company recognizing your number is no longer with your old carrier. This delay can last up to 72 hours, so if it's been longer than that and you're still having trouble receiving text from numbers outside of Verizon Wireless, we'll need to look a little deeper. Do both lines have the same model phone? What phones do you have? Did you download any messaging applications to either phone since activation?

I'll be looking forward to more details. Thank you.

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving texts from Xfinity Home Security or Paypal?
DcGamer05

Hello! My issue was resolved within an hour of calling into you originally. I called later that night and gave a gentleman my trouble ticket and told him it was good and should be cleared but from the sounds of it he did no such thing. The issue has been resolved and I want to thank your support team for getting it done so quickly so far it's been excellent with Verizon

-James

0 Likes