Not receiving verification codes on Verizon Messages website
pixel_fantasy
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is completely dead and unusable. Got a new phone with another provider, but forgot to change my verification number for Instagram. The line with Verizon still active, but I can't access texts through the phone. Before I cancel that line, I'd like to be able to recover my account.

I tried accessing texts from the Verizon Messages feature on the website and, though I am able to send and recieve texts, I am not getting the verifcation code from instagram.

Re: Not receiving verification codes on Verizon Messages website
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pixel_fantasy, I am sad to hear you left us. If the line is still active you will need to activate another device on it in order to retrieve any type of verification code for an account that is associated with that number. Does this help?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
pixel_fantasy
Enthusiast - Level 1

That does help, thank you. Does it matter what type of phone it is? Would I be able to transfer my line to another working cell phone on the plan? We have an LG K20 V (my husband's phone) and a Pixel (my phone that is dead). So if we were to cancel my husband's line, would I be able to activate that device with my line? I hope that was clear.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello pixel_fantasy, 

I am sorry to learn of the issues you're having and I'm eager to assist you this evening. Please allow me to explain that in order to answer (with confidence) the questions you asked, I would need to access the account information. However, before we do that, I wanted to let you know that I've found another option for you, at the support page for Instagram. It gives you ways of getting into your Instagram account without a phone number or email address. Check it out here: http://spr.ly/66071EEmD  

1. Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and enter your last known email address or phone number.
  2. Tap Forgot password?
  3. Tap Need more help?
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to submit a support request.

Please give those steps a try and keep us posted on the results, thanks very much. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes