Not seeing some text messages on Verizon Message web app on PC
ACANFIEL

I am using Verizon Message Plus on my Samsun tablet and cell phone and I see all text messages, including those that come from senders where the code is not in cell phone number format (xxx-xxx-xxxx).  These are texts from organizations whose codes are only 5 or 6 digits (e.g. FEDEX is 46339)

However, on the PC web app, these messages do not appear, and I don't see any filters controlling this, so I'm wondering how to get them to display along with the regular text messages.

It also seems that while the Verizon message web page describes there being a Windows desktop messaging app, there is not a download for this.  Is it no longer offered?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Not seeing some text messages on Verizon Message web app on PC
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@ACANFIEL wrote:

I am using Verizon Message Plus on my Samsun tablet and cell phone and I see all text messages, including those that come from senders where the code is not in cell phone number format (xxx-xxx-xxxx).  These are texts from organizations whose codes are only 5 or 6 digits (e.g. FEDEX is 46339)

However, on the PC web app, these messages do not appear, and I don't see any filters controlling this, so I'm wondering how to get them to display along with the regular text messages.

It also seems that while the Verizon message web page describes there being a Windows desktop messaging app, there is not a download for this.  Is it no longer offered?

Thanks

Those 5-6 digit text messages are Short Code messages.  The PC web version may not display those for security reasons, assuming they are destined for the phone numbers primary device.

There are numerous threads in the Community Forum discussing Windows 10 and the Message+ app.  Verizon has removed the app from the Windows Store due to sync'ing issues between devices with Integrated Messaging.  There is no information on whether it will be updated and restored for access.  There are two old versions, v1.0.17.0 and v2.0.2.0 that users have saved and made available via Dropbox download.  See

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Verizon-Messenger-for-Windows-10/m-p/1156415#M3432...

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, ACANFIEL. We certainly understand the importance of accessing all your messages and are here to help. When viewing the message log on the web, do you simply see no input for the shorter numbers in between messages for standard 10 digit phone numbers? The Verizon Message Plus application will not work with Windows operating systems at this time. *Stanley

0 Likes
ACANFIEL

I do not see any of the message -- neither the sender nor the message.  They don't exist in the message listing on the web app.

0 Likes