Nov 2021 Messages + on Win 10 nearly useless
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

I've been using Message + on Win 10 for years, equiv on my Android phone.  Beyond waiting for Verizon to update to Google's latest tech standards, I'm mostly content with it other than it never being completely in sync with my phone.

I recently got a flood of messages from Verizon threatening to cut off my Windows access unless I updated.  So I went through that pain and discovered a very nasty surprise - it does not SYNC at all, nor is there a SYNC command in the menus.  In other words, the only messages I see on my PC are brand new ones since I installed this cr-pware.  This makes the app next to useless because I rely on that message history.  If Verizon wants us to take this new version, they first need it to work, to have at least as much functionality as the old version.  

I went back to the old version, but it doesn't accept the texted PIN that Verizon sends out.  That's also super nasty.

I wonder if Verizon is degrading their messaging to get people to stop using it.  Great way to tick off their customers, since messaging is probably the number one app on any phone!

0 Likes
Re: Nov 2021 Messages + on Win 10 nearly useless
Rabbit406
Enthusiast - Level 2

@pbug561, I am having a very similar problem.  I get some syncing (maybe ~40%) but I agree it makes the desktop app basically useless.  Note that once I too was forced to install VZM Desktop M+ version 3.0.1 on my Win10 OS computer, it not only had problems syncing messages, but it also will no longer sync up the phone numbers with my contacts.  Therefore, all of the messages displayed are only referenced by cell phone numbers (i.e. NO names).  Since I do not remember numbers, thismakes the app on my desktop useless!

I do not understand why Verizon is having so much trouble after so many years of users complaining about these syncing issues in their desktop app.  You would think they could have solved this problem by now.  I have been with them since cell phones first came into the market, but I am think that maybe it is time I look elsewhere.... 😞

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

It's my impression after a very long chat with tech support that VZW has decided to REMOVE SYNC from the PC app.  The latest version in the Microsloth Store does not have any ability to synch except to new messages after it was installed.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

-I am sorry to hear that you're having bascially the same issue with Verizon Messages Plus on your computer. Rabbit406. Let me get a few details to assist with your concerns. Are you getting any error messages when you tried to sync your devices together? Ed

0 Likes
Rabbit406
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ed, Since there is no Sync button was removed in your latest version of the Window's 10 application, then I have no way to physically force a sync.  So I am not sure exactly what you are referencing in your "sync your devices together" question.  That said, I have not received any error messages from the Window's 10 app, or from my phone, or from MyVerizon web interface.

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

3.03 simply removes synching.  VZW solution.  

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@pbug561 wrote:

3.03 simply removes synching.  VZW solution.  

The original v3.00 released August 2021 did not have a sync option.  v3.01 (my current version) was released later and still did not have a sync option.  When I look in the Windows Store for the app, the only option I have is to OPEN, not UPDATE/INSTALL.  Are you sure you have a v3.03 and, if so, how did you get it?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us Rabbit406. We will certainly make sure this feedback is lifted up. Verizon always listens to our customers, and makes adjustments when we can. -Rosie

0 Likes
FDaytona
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is insane!  Multi billion dollar company which makes itself as a top communications tech provider and after many years of offering the Window's client Verizon Messages+ app there isn't a way to show the name of the contacts!  

0 Likes