Old Text Plans
marinegundoctor
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just wanted to say (so hopefully Verizon will read) that they never should have retired the old $5/250msg text plan. I personally think that really sucks. That plan fits perfectly for two of my lines and I wanted to add it to the third. Oh well, Verizon is out to screw its customers I suppose.

How do the rest of you feel about this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Old Text Plans
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

We have unlimited texting on all 5 lines on our family plan for $30 additional - so that works out to $6 a line.  current pricing is $10 for 1000 messages or $30 unlimited, so >3 lines you are better off with the unlimited.  I agree the $5 / 250 was a very good deal for those who needed just a few messages.

You can keep it on the 2 lines you have @ $5 / 250, and just add the $10 plan or pay by the message for the third line; it may be worth the extra $30 to just go unlimited  though.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

marinegundoctor wrote:

Oh well, Verizon is out to screw its customers I suppose.

That's the only reason they are in business.

marinegundoctor
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
marinegundoctor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure why my post didn't show up except for the letter M. Here it is again:

I believe if I had a 4th or 5th line then the unlimited would be a good deal. I just think Verizon forgot about a lot of customers like me when they retired those plans. They had the 5$ plan for a long time and it just seemed to fit so perfectly for many people I know. My third line only uses about 70 msgs per month.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

marinegundoctor wrote:

Not sure why my post didn't show up except for the letter M. Here it is again:

I believe if I had a 4th or 5th line then the unlimited would be a good deal. I just think Verizon forgot about a lot of customers like me when they retired those plans. They had the 5$ plan for a long time and it just seemed to fit so perfectly for many people I know. My third line only uses about 70 msgs per month.

SMS/MMS is a very outdated system.  It costs more and more to maintain.  I have a feeling when VoLTE comes out and is fully running all carriers running that will drop SMS/MMS services. 

If you have the old plan and didn't get rid of it you would still have it.

0 Likes