Only receiving 1st page of multiple page texts
Haley45

I have a Thunderbolt and noticed yesterday that if someone sends me a long text I only receive the first page. Texts from Sprint customers will show 1/2 but I never get page 2. T-Mobile and AT&T customers show that it's only a 1 page text but it cuts off mid sentence and I never receive the rest of the text. How can I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Only receiving 1st page of multiple page texts
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3
I believe this is an issue with the sender's carrier. There's nothing you can do except ask them to split the message up and send it separately.
0 Likes
ThunderFizzle

I bought a Thunderbolt months ago and had the same problem of missing parts in multi-part text messages.  Everything worked fine if the text was 160 characters or less, but as soon as it was longer and split into two or more parts, BAM!  Frustration ensued as the missing parts started screwing with my social life.

I talked to tech support.

I replaced the SIM card and reset the phone.

I replaced the stock SMS application and started using Handcent.

I exchanged my Thunderbolt for a new Thunderbolt on warranty.

And yet...

THIS PROBLEM PERSISTS.

Come on Verizon, is it really so hard to receive a few bytes of SMS data?  It's almost 2012.  I can blast megabytes across the globe in seconds...  but 175 characters from a girlfriend can't be delivered reliably?

Maybe it is a network problem - maybe it is only AT&T senders that can't get through.  But don't tell me it's the other guys' fault and call it a day.  If this keeps up, I will be switching back to AT&T.  Much better if we can get this solved - either by changing my number or giving me a phone that works... something.  I know it can be done - the question, from me and a growing number of others, is simply: how?

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3
This isn't Verizon's fault, and they can't call every other cell provider and ask them to please stop splitting up their texts at 160 characters. Its just how it works. I gave you a completely valid suggestion, did you even THINK to try it before complaining?
0 Likes