Oreo Update, can't change my notification sounds
agpthng

Since my Oreo update a couple of weeks ago on my Google Pixel XL, I can't have a standard notification sound and then one for my Verizon Message+ text messages.  It's the same sound for every notification.  I don't even have the option in my Verizon Message+ to pick a sound anymore.  Is anyone else having this problem and how can I fix it.  I've uninstalled Message+ and reinstalled and it didn't correct it.

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Oreo Update, can't change my notification sounds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure you can easily customize your notifications, agpthng. When in the Messaging+ application are you able to press the Menu button with the 3 dots on the right-hand side and select Customize? Are your other notification sounds still working as normal?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you updated Verizon Messages to version 6.5.1?

Re: Verizon Messages Tones selection missing in 6.5.0

0 Likes
agpthng

I don't have the 3 dots at the top right in verizon message+ nor do I have

the option to change the sound within message + so I uninstalled it and am

using the stock android message app that came with the phone.

<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon>

Virus-free.

www.avast.com

<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=link>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 10:23 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How strange that the three dots weren't there. If you find yourself using Verizon Messages in the future, agpthing, then the Customize Conversation Background, Bubble Style, Font and Notification Tone below Personalize Your Experience can help update your tones
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-messages/
DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KLAS_DUDE

I had the same issue on my Moto G2 Force.  It about drove me nuts.  I clicked on the 3 dots and then customize MANY times.  The only things there were "Backgrounds", "Conversation Bubble", and "Reset to Defaults".  About 2 days later (yesterday) the "Tones" topic finally showed up and I was able to change to customized ringtones.  However, then I found that anything other than my default ringtone, was about 1/4 volume and I couldn't hear it.  I uninstalled the latest update for Message + and everything started working properly.  Obviously something happened during the Oreo update, as that is exactly when I started having problems.

0 Likes