Oreo update, message plus
CHABLA11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the oreo update, my led indicator for message plus is no longer the color that i set it to. Is there away to change the led color again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Oreo update, message plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHABLA11,

It's essential your software update doesn't affect your settings. I can help fix this for you. What's the make and model of your phone? Outside of the update, have you added any apps or made any adjustments to your equipment's settings?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHABLA11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung galaxy s8- SM-G950U,I haven't added any apps but I did just get the s8 last week. There are a few settings since oreo that have changed like on my email, I have multiple emails set up that were color coordinated. Since oreo, I've been signed out multiple times and was told to delete the accounts and re-add them. I'm still getting signed out and the notifications aren't popping up. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy your new S8. Let's see what's going on with your device. You mentioned notification issues with Messages Plus and your email. In addition, you're also experiencing problems with your email account being signed out of. We want to resolve one issue at a time. First, please confirm whether you're receiving notifications for Message Plus. Walk us through the steps taken to adjust the notification colors. 

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHABLA11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm getting notifications now.  I open message plus, push the 3 lines in the top left corner, customize, select led color and then it takes me to app notifications just like it would if I go through settings. It doesn't allow me to change the color anymore. 

0 Likes
KBVERBATIM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having the same issue.  Also, some texts no sending at all.

0 Likes
Kellyrg81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issue with my s9. Cannot change the LED color in Verizon Messages.

CLATER25

Same issue here on the S8.  Need the LED light to be a specific color (Indigo), and the option to do so no longer exists.  Also, it does not always blink when I have a new message.  Sometimes it does.  Sometimes not.  I am missing important texts.   Checked all the recommended settings.  Verizon...please push out an update to make the LED notification work on Message+ work as it did before Oreo.

0 Likes
KBVERBATIM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep.  Same problem.  Sometimes it flashes, sometimes not.  Also, won't connect to some of my apps because my connection is all of a sudden super weak.

0 Likes
slaramie

I'm having the same problem with my Galaxy S8+, I can no longer change the LED light color for Messenger+. I would like this fixed as well, it looks like it is stuck on Blue, even though it says Green on the Customize screen. When I click on the LED Color option, there is no option to change the color.

0 Likes