Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Oreo update, message plus
CHABLA11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the oreo update, my led indicator for message plus is no longer the color that i set it to. Is there away to change the led color again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
31 Replies
Tretzen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the HTC 10, ever since the Oreo update, Message+ no longer gives me an audio or vibrate notification when receiving a text (even though notifications are on).  I also no longer get a red bubble with number of unread messages, just the green dot.  I get the message icon in the bar at the top of the screen, but that's it.  Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tretzen, we always want you to be alerted to your messages. We are here to help you with that part of your phone.

Since this issue started have you tried using the native Messaging app on your phone to see if the same issue occures using that app? Is the Message+ app up to date with the latest version for your phone? 

By default the most current software of this device does not display numbered badge notifications. To enable badge notifications please do so by opening Settings > Sound and Notification > Advanced > Notifications > Select the application you wish to show badge notifications > Toggle the badge notifications On/Off.

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Samsung Galaxy S8

Verizon Message+ App

I receive a notification initially when a text comes in.  However, the notification will disappear seemingly at random.  I tested today.  Disappeared after a few minutes the first time.  Disappeared after 45 minutes another time.  Seemed to coincide to disappear when I received an e-mail notification.

I missed an important text overnight while I was sleeping because there was no notification when I woke up today.

I have turned notifications on and off multiple times and turned the badge notification on and off a few times as well.

Is there a fix to keep the notification icon showing until the text messages are read?

0 Likes
KATCLA45

Was anyone able to get a resolution for getting the text LED notification back to green?

0 Likes
LenniePaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what I did, and it's not working. Every text defaults to the Verizon Tone, and Vibrate .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
LenniePaz, thank you and everyone for troubleshooting with us. We understand how important is for the messaging app to work correctly. Can you tell me the make and model of your phone? Follow this link for other troubleshooting options: 

http://spr.ly/6585DZ099

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LenniePaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung Galaxy S8

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thank you for that detail, LenniePaz. We're still here working with you. Can you tell what messaging application you use? Are there any other notifications that are defaulting?

MelissaP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JKH32

I have a different but similar issue... I had many specific text tone notifications set up and after the update every text notification is the default.

It's not the end of the world but it's a pain to find everyone and change it because you have to go inside a text with that person to get to their individual settings. Anyone know why that would happen or am I missing an easy fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it can be a bummer to find out that all your ringtones have changed to the default JKH32. I am sure we will figure this out together. What is the make/model of your device? Have you restarted your phone? What messaging application did you use? 

AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LenniePaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issue. I can't even set a default tone for all of my contacts. I'll set a default tone for everyone in the main customization setting, but it keeps reverting back to the Verizon tone . The only way I can make everyone have the same custom tone I want, is to go to each conversation, click the 3 dots, then customize. In there I have to set the same tone for everyone .That could take me forever .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that you are able to set the default tone for your all of your contacts within Messages+, LenniePaz. To do so, go to Message+ > Menu > Customize > Tones > Sound, that will change the default notification sound for all messages in Message+. Does this provide clarity?

0 Likes
OBABIS65

This is very frustrating it is still only flashing blue makes me wish I would have never installed the update. Is there any way to downgrade?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OBABIS65, we truly understand the importance of making sure you are able to customize your device settings. Regrettably you will not have the option to downgrade from the recent update for this application. Can you please provide us the make/model of your device? Also, are you having any other concerns with the messages + application such as text concerns (incoming/outgoing)?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
KBVERBATIM
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand there's no way to roll it back.  Yes, I am having problems with texts going in and out since  the upgrade.  We need a fix.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The feedback is greatly appreciated. In order to get a fix, we would recommend visiting the Samsung forums for more details surrounding this concern. Your patience is appreciated while this matter is being worked on.

0 Likes
Steevoo1

Same problem here note 8 lost led color customization setting in verizon messages. This is an app issue not Samsung. I downgraded back to nougat 7.1 and led customization is missing still. Since verizon punts it to samsung I will be looking for previous verizon messages apk and install.

0 Likes
slaramie

I'm having the same problem with my Galaxy S8+, I can no longer change the LED light color for Messenger+. I would like this fixed as well, it looks like it is stuck on Blue, even though it says Green on the Customize screen. When I click on the LED Color option, there is no option to change the color.

0 Likes
CLATER25

Same issue here on the S8.  Need the LED light to be a specific color (Indigo), and the option to do so no longer exists.  Also, it does not always blink when I have a new message.  Sometimes it does.  Sometimes not.  I am missing important texts.   Checked all the recommended settings.  Verizon...please push out an update to make the LED notification work on Message+ work as it did before Oreo.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CLATER25, ensuring you have the notifications for this application is a must. Help is here. I do want to set proper expectations as we will not have the ability push an update to change the color of the LED light as this is something the manufacturer must provide, but we can work together to ensure you are getting the notifications. When any update comes to the phone, it is always recommended clearing cache. What steps have you taken thus far? 

NatashaA_VZW

0 Likes