Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO STOP THESE OZMAIL TEXTS!!!! Thank you
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Ozmail messages are simply application level notifications for an E-mail service subscribed

There are three separate issues that can lead to receiving Ozmail messages - one of these likely applies in your case...

1) Using Email on one device then switching to a device with no mail application. To rectify this simply  REPLY"STOP" TO THE TEXT MESSAGE and it will stop the notifications.

2) Coming from another carrier where E-mail was used and keeping the same number. To rectify this simply REPLY "STOP" TO THE TEXT MESSAGE

3) An over the Top SMS application (GoSMSPro, etc) is intercepting the notifications and presenting them as SMS. To rectify this simply Uninstall the over the top application and replace with one that handles SMS properly. (HandCent is one - you may have to experiment with SMS apps to find one that works for you.)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Ozmail messages are simply application level notifications for an E-mail service subscribed

There are three separate issues that can lead to receiving Ozmail messages - one of these likely applies in your case...

1) Using Email on one device then switching to a device with no mail application. To rectify this simply  REPLY"STOP" TO THE TEXT MESSAGE and it will stop the notifications.

2) Coming from another carrier where E-mail was used and keeping the same number. To rectify this simply REPLY "STOP" TO THE TEXT MESSAGE

3) An over the Top SMS application (GoSMSPro, etc) is intercepting the notifications and presenting them as SMS. To rectify this simply Uninstall the over the top application and replace with one that handles SMS properly. (HandCent is one - you may have to experiment with SMS apps to find one that works for you.)

0 Likes
Emmes
Enthusiast - Level 2

The ONLY way to get rid of the OZMAIL texts is:

1.  Go into your email accounts and DELETE every one that you have attached to your cell phone.  Just delete the account on your phone .. not online.

2.  Contact VERIZON and ask for a tech who knows how to stop the messages - this would be one that does not recommend 'changing your number'.  There are FEW techs who know how, but keep trying - they're out there. 

3.  Texting STOP does NOTHING whatsoever.  You get the messages because an old email account was linked to a previous phone.  Deleting the email notifications from your new phone may do the trick.  If not, contact Verizon. 

0 Likes
J46SMITH

I am having the same issue.  I just (Tuesday) upgraded from a Charge to a Galaxy S4.  No sooner did I walk out the door of the retailer, I got OZmail.  I never received them on my Charge.  I contacted Verizon on Wednesday, and the tech researched the problem.  I told him that, as far as I know, I do not have thego SMS Pro app.  He finally said he was able to stop it.  I did not receive any more OZmail...until today at 12:01A.M.  The tech said I would need to reset the phone.  I have responded "stop" to no avail.  HELP!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning J46SMITH,

Let's stop these unwanted OZmail messages! Please follow me and send me a direct message including your wireless number and account verification (same you verify when you call us). I will access your account and make sure that such messages stop at once.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes