Parental Control Usage (for children)
redrose

Recently enrolled in this plan.  The problem is that you "can't" add other numbers on the tab indicated  'trusted numbers' with other verizons (and/or) numbers unless they are on your account.  That is a BIG Problem and ridiculously unfair!  This option needs to be expanded.  What if your child needs to get a hold of other immediate family for Emergency and they are not on your account?  What if the parents are divorce and living in 'different' states and does not have the same account?  This problem needs to be resolved by Verizon Authorities and to have additional numbers to be added on "TRUSTED NUMBERS".  Trusted Numbers should require to add any members of the families or friends you would want to add on this feature.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Parental Control Usage (for children)
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello!   I have to confess that when I first read this I thought . . . "Oh she's got that wrong, you most certainly should be able to add ANY number you designate as a Trusted Number".    Well the more I looked at it the more it appears you are right!    This seems to be a shocking limitation.    You should be able to designate ANY number you choose (on your account or not) to be able to reach your child in an emergency.   

Actually, it is numbers outside your account that could actually be the MOST important!   Account only numbers are likely to be other close family members and if the family as a unit is in trouble a distant relative or friend NOT on the account should still be able to get through!   I too would like to add my voice to the call for Verizon to take another look at this and include ANY number a parent designates to be able to get through.   Thanks for raising this issue :smileyhappy:

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
Spanky
Contributor - Level 1

Rather than attempting to assign Trusted Numbers: to the line, it may be more to your benefit to restrict based on Times of day, or possibly even choose specific numbers to disallow.

A lot of phones have a built-in capability to restrict calling to numbers that have been added to the contact list... this might also be a benefit.

In the grand scheme of things though, you are right... Usage Controls as a feature isn't really perfect yet.

0 Likes
redrose

That's fine...but what if an immediate family needs to get a hold of absent parent (another state), siblings, or (vise versa), you will not be able to contact anyone due to the 'time restrictions' that is indicated.  This is the reason why Trusted Numbers should be expanded to add ANY numbers  that are important in case of Emergeny. It should not be limited to ONLY the primary account holder. (The problem is that you can't add anyone else 'unless' they are in the same primary acct with you).

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Precisely.   It's just one of those limitations we'll have to live with for now.   Kudos to you for raising this important issue :smileyhappy:

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes