'---=_Part_' Error on Mac with Message+
nengard

Hi all,

I recently started noticing an error in Message+ on my Macs (one is upgraded to El Capitan and the other is not) on every single message I get from people in Message+. Is there a way to fix this?

Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at Tue, Dec 15 - 8.17 AM.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: '---=_Part_' Error on Mac with Message+
Not applicable

HI EVERYONE,

Here is the latest update regarding this issue. 

The fix has been submitted to Apple to update the app. We, Verizon, do not do the actual upload. Every app available on App Store or iTunes follows a very specific process. We have done everything we've needed to do to get this update to you and shared with you when we expected it to go live.  At this point, we are still waiting for Apple to push it live.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Woah, it appears you've uncovered the matrix, nengard.  The fact that this in occurring  on two computers certainly point towards it being a Message+ software. I trust that on at least one computer  Message+ has been uninstalled and reinstalled using the “Download desktop app” link found here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/verizon-messages/ .
To run a test, on the mobile device turn off iMessages and send a test text to verify if the Part error continues.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wbeier
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have having the same issue. Only occurs on my (2) Mac computers, one is running Yosemite, the other El Capitan. This issue does not occur using the app on my iOS9 and Android 5.01 devices.

0 Likes
nengard

Thanks for the suggestions, I have reinstalled about 4 times now Smiley Sad Still seeing the message.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It appears to be a known issue with an update fix coming next week, i.e.,

Re: Verizon Messaging app showing gibberish

0 Likes
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

Well, it's the end of "next week", and the issue still has not been resolved!

aliem_vzw: Any update on the availability of the fix? The referenced thread has been locked.

0 Likes
ERDoc74
Enthusiast - Level 1

Second that. I was the poster on the original thread and aliem_vzw said the update would be coming next week (it's now 2 weeks later), and marked the response at the "Correct Answer", and then locked the thread! What the heck. You can at least wait till you actually solve the problem before marking it as "answered". And if this is a known issue with the software that requires an update, then why is Verizon Wireless Customer Support telling people to waste their time uninstalling and reinstalling software, when they know that will not fix the issue!  Not happy with Verizon's customer service/tech support on this one Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

It's ALIEM again.  The message I relayed to you was the update from our IOS team who relayed the message from Apple.  I'm sure the code in your message is an eyesore and I promise you that the techs are troubleshooting the fix.

We apologize for the ongoing inconvenience.  

ALIEM

0 Likes
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

aliem_vzw When can we expect this to be FIXED?

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI EVERYONE,

Here is the latest update regarding this issue. 

The fix has been submitted to Apple to update the app. We, Verizon, do not do the actual upload. Every app available on App Store or iTunes follows a very specific process. We have done everything we've needed to do to get this update to you and shared with you when we expected it to go live.  At this point, we are still waiting for Apple to push it live.

Thank you.

0 Likes