Phishing SMS short code
rs160030

I'm getting short code 6245 phishing messages that are obviously attempting to gain personal information.  What do I do?  I've replied STOP to them each time, and the "product" keeps shiifting.

0 Likes
Re: Phishing SMS short code
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Forward them to SPAM (7726); see item # 10 at

Blocks FAQs 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

A spammer or phisher or even someone not in your contact list may be sending a text message via email to your phone number at vtext.com or vzwpix.com.  I believe it comes as a text from 6245 which is 'MAIL'.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP can also add a block to their line that prevents text messages via email or web. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a customer myself, I know how frustrating text messages like this can be.  While we are not able to prevent these 100% of the time, we will do everything we can to help.  The best current options to remedy this are to forward these text messages to SPAM (7726) (as tikibar1 stated).  We'll send a text requesting the From address. Then our team applies necessary blocks and filters.  Does this help?  Did you have other questions that we can assist you with?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes