Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Picture Mail and Group Texts (MMS) not working
jmarks9282
Enthusiast

I just switched from Sprint to Verizon and bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy S4. I noticed that I could not send pictures via text or group text (MMS). After researching the problem, Verizon will not allow me to do these while connected to WiFi! I find it extremely annoying that I have to manually disconnect WiFi before doing these things! Is this only for the galaxy S4 or is this for all devices? I have about a week that I can return the phone if needed! I don't care if they want to use my data plan to do this instead of using the WiFi, but it is extremely annoying that i have to disconnect each time! Is there a fix for this?

thanks,

Jeffrey

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Picture Mail and Group Texts (MMS) not working
jmarks9282
Enthusiast

I figured out my own problem! Hope others find this answer....

go to Settings<WiFi<(Click the bottom left of the home button) to bring up additional options<Advanced<"Check for Internet service"

This didn't work at first, but then I re-started my phone and everything works fine! This will allow for the phone to auto switch between Wi-Fi networks and mobile networks!

Hope this helps..

0 Likes