Re: Picture messages not downloading
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello poorolddad,

The video feature is very neat and I would like to assist you.  You mentioned if the video doesn't download it continues to try, so does that mean you do receive some successful video downloads?  If so, do you notice any trends for the videos you don't receive?  If you can not receive any at all please advise me what model phone you have and when this began so I may further assist you.  Thank you.

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sandyzag

I have a Droid Bionic.. not only are pics not downloading, but Group text messages also are not downloading.  This ONLY happens when I have 4G Lte/4G service..  3G is perfect..  Also, there is no problem when sending individual text messages no matter what service I have.  Is there a way I can force it to only use 3G because this 4G stuff is for the birds.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Sandyzag,

This sounds like it’s getting annoying!  I would like to help.

Are you in a 4G coverage area?  If not, change the Network Mode setting to “CDMA only”.  http://bit.ly/yq7qn2  Let me know how this works out for you.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
justcari29
Enthusiast - Level 1

same here

0 Likes
justcari29
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you. this worked for me, but seems like a bunch of trouble to go through just to send a pic message...

0 Likes
ebvigmo

Same issue.  Galazy Nexus.

0 Likes
cessnachic

I have a Pantech Breakout and had the same problem w/ not being able to send or receive picture messages. I went in to "Settings", picked "Wireless & Network Settings", then picked "Data enabled" & "Data roaming", I also changed the "Network mode" to "CDMA only" === This finally fixed the problem! I hope it helps! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
manik1013

I find it funny, with all the support people here in the forum, a USER came and saved the day. WHO wouldve figured that u have to use the premium data plan to download a MM message? where does it say that? why would that be? nobody knows, except the executives, who see the billions of tiny pieces of data equal money in pockets. I just started verizon service, transferred from the greedy sprint to see more underhanded practices.

i am very careful, and only turn on the mobile data when i absolutely need to and im not around wifi. HOW was i supposed to figure this out? by doing the 33 steps described by the first tech? was that a stab in the dark? How about the tech that said 'golly this seems to be happening on a number of devices...' Sir, that clearly shows a problem with the network, not a technology we've been using for over ten years on lesser phones. What really gets me is this issue is almost a year old, and still not resolved, even after another tech relayed that this issue will be moved up the list. one tech said "do you have internet on your device?' i laughed out loud. bottom line, fix the network. i want to use the data plan i paid for for youtube and browsing the internet amongst other things, NOT retrieving MM messages.

This is a slap in the face coming from a company with unlimited data. now i have to restrict my usage, and even budget basic features into it? does it not matter i have unlimited texts? regardless, i had to come online to verizon support, waste my time just for a basic feature. BTW, my issue is resolved, i had to chime and let people know this is unacceptable. this was never relayed at point of sale, and apparently the techs are as clueless as we are.

the price we pay for going with the biggest of the big companies, unfortunately. ALSO we need a tower in 60645, get on it big V.

I will say the speed on the LTE network is fast, but now u have time to focus on the customers you already have. We already know verizon is the company to go with, and after 8 years with sprint, i am looking for a new start. Thanks

0 Likes
Blckrose2020

I have a Samsung Fascinate and I have had it for about 2 years now. I have never had a problem with sending or receiving picture messages until recently. Nothing seems to be working and I don't know why. When I do get a MMS it has the download button but when I click it nothing seems to happen. 

0 Likes
historylady

I'm having a similar issue with my Droid 4. The only way that I can receive a photo in a text is to turn off my phone and turn it back on. Quite frustrating! Does anyone have suggestions of a setting I can try? I'm connected via 4G. Doesn't seem right that I have to reboot my phone every time I have a picture text.

0 Likes