Pictures disappearing from text messages
dkoch0427

I have a moto z force droid and I'm using Message+ 6.4.42.  Within the last month pictures started disappearing from text messages intermittently.  If text is attached to the picture or in the message, the text is still there.  Now it happens all the time, and the photos disappear within a day or so of receipt.  Can anyone tell me how to stop this???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pictures disappearing from text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dkoch0427 We understand how important it is to keep our text attachments. I appreciate the details you provided. I'm sorry you've been having problems with your pictures and message +. I assure you I will do all the research necessary to get this resolved for you. Let's take a closer look to see what's going on. Have you made any changes to your phone (settings)? Let’s clear the application cache and reset the Message+ application. To clear the “Cache” please visit http://vz.to/2w5nMzp and follow the steps and to reset the Message+ application visit http://vz.to/2xfm3ZU and follow the steps. Please let me know if this helps.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
NYYANKEE632004

I am.having the same problem. It only happens in one person's thread. It's happened before updates and after. I've deleted the thread it still does it. He has an iPhone. Is it something he is doing on his end??? I have a Zplay. I haven't found a thread with a solution yet. 

0 Likes
dkoch0427

Ok, I finally got a chance to do the steps above.  Prior to that though, even texts would disappear when I restarted my phone!  Not the whole thread, just the most recent text, and not on every thread!  I'll let you know if this does or doesn't solve the problem.  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want you to lose any important content, NYYANKEE632004. Thanks for your hard work thus far in an effort to resolve this issue. Let's dig further into this and figure out what's going on. The issue would be on your device's end since the pictures are only disappearing from your device. Are you able to save the pictures when sent? Have you attempted to Reset the application https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206439/?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jenlynzky

Has this been solved yet? I have Droid maxx2. My pictures just started disappearing within texts only. So annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jenlynzky,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Droid Maxx 2 pictures disappearing. I know how important it is for all your messages and media to be saved intact. Let's look into this, and see how we can help. Are you using the Messages+ app on your device? If you go into the Google Play store, is there an update available for the app?

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jenlynzky

I'm using message plus. I already checked and there is no update. Obviously this is the same problem the other people in this thread are having.

0 Likes
36AllCare

I'm having the same issue.  Photos from my text feed randomly disappear over a course of a day or two.  Group text seem to retain the pictures.  But all single feed text lose the pictures.  Not the "text/words" - just the pictures disappear.  Using Message+.  Motorola Droid Turbo Phone.  I've been following this issue online and it appears more and more people are having this issue.  I have not seen a resolution to this point. 

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes