Pictures turn sideways
bigalp1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I noticed portrait-oriented pictures rotating sideways on my brand new S22+.  I've searched threads and am in agreement with kawilkin from 12-24-2020 that selecting photos from Gallery rather than "+" keeps the vertical pictures oriented correctly.

0 Likes
Re: Pictures turn sideways
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bigalp, making sure my camera option doesn't always go sideways is vital. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me have you gone through the camera settings to confirm portrait mode is note active?

-Rodney

0 Likes
bigalp1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thanks for the assistance.
There is not a portrait mode setting in Settings other than the Portrait Mode on my S22+. 
I am just using the standard 3:4 ratio.
I did just confirm that a vertically composed photo still rotates and a horizontal image stays horizontal.

I just noticed that as soon as I slightly edit a vertically taken photo, it does not rotate but stays vertical.
I also noted that when I add a vertical photo from the Gallery app... it stays vertical.
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@bigalp1 wrote:
Thanks for the assistance.
There is not a portrait mode setting in Settings other than the Portrait Mode on my S22+. 
I am just using the standard 3:4 ratio.
I did just confirm that a vertically composed photo still rotates and a horizontal image stays horizontal.

I just noticed that as soon as I slightly edit a vertically taken photo, it does not rotate but stays vertical.
I also noted that when I add a vertical photo from the Gallery app... it stays vertical.

Have you reported this to the developers of the app via feedback in the Play Store AND via the App itself?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bigalp1, thank you for sharing these helpful details with us! We definitely want to do our best to ensure that you're able to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. Can you please tell us if you're still currently having the issue you presented to us the other day?

-Kevin

0 Likes
bigalp1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had success with pictures not rotating when sending either via Messages or Gmail by turning off the HEIF Picture Format in Settings on my S22+.

Thank you for the assistance!

0 Likes