Policy on changing premium text messaging without verifying with customer -solow predicto
rippedoff1

I have been charged for three premium text message services: solow, predicto, purecrush.  We have never initiated any of three services (one of them for three months were charging the 9.99 for three months.  I called Verizon and was told how to bock these services (encountering additional text message charges using the following numbers 654654 40684 23687).  Note we do not even send text message on our accounts (check our accounts).  I was told that verizon could not possible be mistaken about these charges and had a fool proof system to insure that we had ordered these services.  The representative had "never heard of this happening to somebody"  I looked up on ripoffreport.com and found 68 similar complaints for solow and 73 for predicto.  I am requested that I be credited back these charges, but know that it will not happen.  These third party companies are fraudulent, we did not participate in them and there is evidence this has happened to other customers. 

has anybody had the same problem

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Policy on changing premium text messaging without verifying with customer -solow predicto
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
The charges may be fraudulent, but Verizon has no way of knowing this. They simply bill you what these services charged. You need to take this up with the providers of the services, not with Verizon. Verizon will credit you on occasion, but it's mostly as a courtesy. You should report these other companies to the Better Business Bureau if you'd like to take action against them.
0 Likes
Re: Policy on changing premium text messaging without verifying with customer -solow predicto
lalalamesss
Contributor - Level 1

I had this same problem a while back. I called customer service on a LAN line and text-d STOP to both numbers while I was on the line. After that did nothing, I told them to credit my account. They did. Also, you can ask to have premium text messages blocked, as i did, if you haven't already done so.

0 Likes
Re: Policy on changing prysemium text messaging without verifying with customer -solow predicto
bonnie_ann

I have tried for several days to reach solow dot com.  The number I am calling is 1-877-402-3687  I get an answering machine every time, I leave a detailed message and my calls have not been returned.  Does anyone know how to get a live person?  I didn't even know that a Premium text message service block exsisted or what a premium text message service is.  Why can't we have more control over our accounts and do these things online - such as a list of  blocks and letting us choose? 

I'm also being charged on my LAN line account by  MyBillingSvcSetupFee for 8.43.  I asked the Verizon rep how he would handle this if it was happening to them.  Oh I would put a third party block on my account.  - Nice-  never knew that exsisted either -  the policy is they can't offer that service to you - you have to ask for it? How do you ask for it, if you don't know it exsists?   So In the mean time I can't put the block on till I get the credit first.   I'm sick of this company and their run arounds -they are all for the third parties and don't care about their customers at all.  One year left on our contract and that may be the last we deal with verizon.

0 Likes
Third party cramming.................FTC complaint
bonnie_ann

Just filed a complaint with the FTC regarding Verizon, Solow.com & The billing Resource.   Don't let them continue to get away with this - file a complaint today.

Why: Your complaints can help us detect patterns of wrong-doing, and lead to investigations and prosecutions. The FTC enters all complaints it receives into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database that is used by thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement authorities worldwide. The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

0 Likes
tygerfly

Check www.mobilecontentsettlement.com to see if you qualify for your money back on certain charges.

0 Likes
RippedOffToo

I had the same thing happen this month from a Premium TXT Messaging provider called Mobeebuzz.  One day I simply received a text message out of the blue saying "congratulations you are now subscribed to Mobeebuzz."  I absolutely did not sign up for the service and they have not responded to my requests to unsubscribe my number.

When I called Verizon to dispute the charge, they indicated that there's nothing they can do from their end.  All I received was an explanation of what Premium TXT Messaging services are, which isn't the point.

I checked their website and unfortunately Mobeebuzz appears to be located in Cyprus, so it's unlikely that anyone in the US can do anything about them.

I understand if Verizon can't tell whether initialization of the third party service was legitimate or not, but I expected a bit more assistance in getting the charges credited and at least blocking future subscriptions to Premium TXT Messaging services.  I have never used such a service and don't intend to and wouldn't care in the least if they were completely disabled for my account!!!

0 Likes
Re: Policy on changing prysemium text messaging without verifying with customer -solow predicto
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

bonnie_ann wrote:

.... I didn't even know that a Premium text message service block exsisted or what a premium text message service is.  Why can't we have more control over our accounts and do these things online - such as a list of  blocks and letting us choose? 

Bonnie Ann -

Blocks are available at no charge and are located at My Verizon > My Plan > Add/Remove Features.

Premium Messaging Block 

Prohibits new subscriptions to or continued use of premium fee based SMS and MMS (Picture) messaging programs to the selected mobile number. (i.e., ringtones downloads, chat) while allowing all other messaging services to work as usual.

PSMS Blocking will terminate all current Premium SMS programs at the time the blocking feature is activated and MMS programs at the next subscription payment date and thereafter. No credits or pro-rating will be applied to the Premium SMS fees already incurred.

All non-premium messaging services will continue to be billed per your Calling Plan and Messaging Bundle or at the standard messaging rate as applicable.

In addition, here is a summary of all the types of blocks you can add to your account.

0 Likes
slykat12

Verizon is completely in bed  with this company Solow.com and does indeed

reap some rewards of the fraudulant and completely unsolicited charges. Solow has charged 9.99 on my bill for the past 8 months that was never authorized in anyway.

My bill is automatically payed online so I realy never see a bill and since the amount seemed constant I never checked until 8 months of solows dirty deeds had been done. Upon calling verizon they simply credited me for one month of Solows charges.

Do a simple internet search and see that Solow and verizon customers have been bilked out of millions! Realize those are only the folks that complain online . I am sure there are many many more. Perhaps millions of people!

Verizon does not care in the slightest and the people on here that stick up for the company clearly work for them. Putting a block does not retrieve my money and yes it is Verizons fault for knowingly allowing charges from a company with a horrid reputation.

A credit card company calls  the customer if they see a suspicious charge and believes you when you say you did not make it. Why didn't verizon? The regular phone company credits you when you say you did not make a call-Not Verizon!!!

I will contact every single agency possible and post my experiances on every website I can and do my best to get this on nbc news here in Los Angeles-I have contacts. I will also be leaving Verizon and move to a company that takes care of me.

Nothing short of 100% refunds to each customer claiming fraud will clear Verizon in my mind.

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

slykat12 wrote:

Verizon is completely in bed  with this company Solow.com and does indeed

reap some rewards of the fraudulant and completely unsolicited charges. Solow has charged 9.99 on my bill for the past 8 months that was never authorized in anyway.

My bill is automatically payed online so I realy never see a bill and since the amount seemed constant I never checked until 8 months of solows dirty deeds had been done. Upon calling verizon they simply credited me for one month of Solows charges.

Do a simple internet search and see that Solow and verizon customers have been bilked out of millions! Realize those are only the folks that complain online . I am sure there are many many more. Perhaps millions of people!

Verizon does not care in the slightest and the people on here that stick up for the company clearly work for them. Putting a block does not retrieve my money and yes it is Verizons fault for knowingly allowing charges from a company with a horrid reputation.

A credit card company calls  the customer if they see a suspicious charge and believes you when you say you did not make it. Why didn't verizon? The regular phone company credits you when you say you did not make a call-Not Verizon!!!

I will contact every single agency possible and post my experiances on every website I can and do my best to get this on nbc news here in Los Angeles-I have contacts. I will also be leaving Verizon and move to a company that takes care of me.

Nothing short of 100% refunds to each customer claiming fraud will clear Verizon in my mind.

Same post two times...we get it..you're not happy

Good job on the bolding and red texting...

0 Likes