Re: Policy on changing prysemium text messaging without verifying with customer -solow predicto
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
So you're too lazy to check your statement each month, and that's Verizon's fault? You could've gotten a credit for the charges after the first time, but since you failed to check your bill, you got charged more. Perhaps you should pay better attention.
0 Likes
Re: Policy on changing premium text messaging without verifying with customer -solow predicto
Rickibb

Yes

0 Likes
Re: Policy on changing premium text messaging without verifying with customer -solow predicto
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
The charge might have been fraudulent, yes, and that's why you could have gotten everything taken care of after the first charge. You never checked your bill, even though Verizon provided it to you each month. So yes, it's your fault you didn't get a full credit because you couldn't be bothered to check your bill. Verizon did their part, you didn't do yours, so you got burned. Deal with it.
0 Likes
Starlet618

I had the same thing happen to us on both our cell phones and our landline. I noticed the charge immediately and called both Verizon and Verizon Wireless. Sometime, without knowing it, when you do surveys online, it asks for certain pieces of information, such as phone numbers. If you aren't careful, and if you don't read the very fine print, you will sign up for things without even knowing it. I am not sure if this was your case or not, but this was the case with my husband. All he did was take an IQ test online, and somehow we ended up with $25 in charges a month on both phones combined. The charge on our cell was from some Lizard text messaging and I can't remember the other service on our landline. Anyhow, I called Verizon and they took care of both charges, and we also called the Lizard company and told them we weren't happy about the charge and they cancelled our "service." Needless to say, neither my husband nor I do any type of surveys or quizzes online and I never give out any information, even email addresses, unless I know exactly what it's for. It was such a headache having these unsuspecting charges and I don't want to have to go through it again. My only advice is to check your bill every month and fight for what you think is right. I hope you get everything resolved!! 

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

Rickibb wrote:

Yes

If the junk email says "hey I'm going to bill you each month!", the yes you should respond..unless you want to be billed. So you have automatic bill pay set up, you either still get a bill in the mail or an email/text with you bill balance. If you got a paper bill you didn't open it, if you got the email you didn't read it. There is a reason companies send you a bill....to notify you of charges.

Speaking of ignorance...it's in your contract that your bill is Verizon telling you the charges and it's your job to dispute them. Do yourself a favor and read the customer agreement at the bottom of vzw.com.

0 Likes
Re: Policy on changing prysemium text messaging without verifying with customer -solow predicto
slykat12

It is so clear to me and I am sure everyone else that a few of you on here work for Verizon. Normal people do not post over 50 times on a  company website unless they work for said company. Zehan you are being paid and thus your responses bias.

Verizon has had over 10000 complaints regarding solow and continues to allow their charges.That suggests they are also profiting and yes it is Verizons fault just as much as it is solows. We should NOT have to check our bill . We know we never authorized solows charges and thus it should not be there.

As to the person yakking about the fine print. Ther was no fine print as my mom does not even know how to go online and solo got her. She also does not text. Explain that. The ftc needs to get involved here.

Watch my messages get deleted as I speak the truth.

0 Likes
slykat12

Dear sadie 85-

We all know you work for this company but you do not need to make fun of the PAYING customers that pay your salary. I am not happy. Come to my hospital and let me treat you as Verizon treated me and see if you would be happy. hahahahaha

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

slykat12 wrote:

Dear sadie 85-

We all know you work for this company but you do not need to make fun of the PAYING customers that pay your salary. I am not happy. Come to my hospital and let me treat you as Verizon treated me and see if you would be happy. hahahahaha

Where did I make fun of anyone? I myself got a premium text message charge once. I noticed it because I look at my bill(yes, bill, I too am a PAYING customer). I took the steps to unsubscribe and add the block to prevent further charges. I even researched premium messages.

I was encouraging you and everyone else to become an informed consumer. How many people have honestly read the contract? I'll admit when I first started my service I didn't read it. I realized how foolish that was.

What it really boils down to you didn't look at your bill and upset with Verizon for something you let get this far.

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2

And just because we don't agree with you doesn't mean we work for Verizon. Besides, even if we did work for Verizon your argument that we are biased would be irrelevant. I could say that YOU'RE biased because it's YOUR bill, and therefore will say whatever you can to get others to agree with you.

It doesn't really matter anyway, because as Sadie said, you're the genius who didn't check his bill for EIGHT MONTHS and got over charged because of it, so enjoy paying that off, mmkay?

I don't really care who you think I work for because anyone with so little sense as to not even read their financial statements is someone whose opinion I disregard completely. Which hospital was it that you worked for? I'll make sure NOT to get treated there...

0 Likes