Possible Scam
TAZ_7091
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last two days I have been receiving text messages stating ; someone is trying to access your account, go to this web link to stop etc.What is up with this? Must be another phishing scam. Anybody else receiving these?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Possible Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your account and personal security is important, TAZ_7091. I'm glad to hear you quickly recognized the texts were phishing scams, and thank you for sharing. If you still have the messages, please forward them to us via text code 7726 (SPAM). Did you offer any personal information via the link? If so, what was entered?

Kati_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

TAZ_7091
Enthusiast - Level 1

No personal information was sent .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to help you move forward in regard to these messages. I understand we've provided a solution in an attempt to alleviate these messages. Let us know if the provided info helped. 

Corey_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HIGHTOWERTHETALL

Hi,

I have a similar issue. To forward this text (to 7726) with the link imbedded in it, i need to touch and hold the text body to forward the text. i fear this will open the hyperlink.  Any advice?  I'd like to get this to Verizon for a look.

PS

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HIGHTOWERTHETALL, we understand not wanting to open the hyperlink that was sent. It is crucial that the message is forwarded to us so it can be investigated further. What make and model phone do you have?

Tionna_VZW

0 Likes