Re: Posting in forum - why so difficult???
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Ok that link works aliem. Your first one for survey monkey had a login and I couldnt log in, but this takes me directly there.

Ann, your links dont have a survey. At least the first 2 didnt.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, i took the survey using aliem's link.

Mentioned some issues with Messaging plus. It is pretty good overall, but some things need improvement..esp with word bubbles sometimes making it difficult to correct a spelling without having to delete entire word and sometimes difficulty with keys in top row close to conversation when the pointer appears near the letter you want to type and you cant select that letter.  Nothin major there just ease of use annoyances. Also, the delays in message sends sometimes are annoying ,but caused by SMS. Seems to be better than in the past.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wasn't linking the survey. I was demonstrating the community spaces function and how they are nested to get the the same location I created the screenshot from.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you originally asked for instructions on how to navigate the community, that was what I was provided since no one else has.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, thanks Ann for the effort and trying to help out.  I appreciate it.  The original question was about posting to the community. The problem there is that the site doesnt really explain how to post. I figured it out myself.  If it is the first time you post, you wont be able to go to Start a Discussion and choose a place because you have no places.  So i had to pick a place and then start a discussion.  I was able to navigate the site, but i just dont think the site gives enough instruction up front. Actually, i know it doesn't.  Also, it is a fact that when you call in, the staff is not educated on how the site works and that is sad.  If you are tech support, you should be trained on the website that customers use or someone should. That cost me lots of time.  Most things i end up figuring out myself these days, but would be better if the cust service personnel or tech support could solve things too.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The customer service reps over the phone don't know how the site works because they aren't supposed to use it. Only the VZW reps in the community are allowed to officially post on the forum. Even their interaction with the forum might be completely different from what the members see based on my experience here. The help topics for the community are available when you click on your username/name at the top of the community page and a pop-up menu window is shown. There is a hyperlink to the Help topics as written by Jive which is the platform this site uses. There are a few help topics under the Getting Started and All Things Community spaces.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, well then what you do you if you cant post to the forum successfully and cant find the help section?  You have to call, right? So that's the problem. I called and they have no idea about the site.  I dont see a Help topics hyperlink.

Anyway, I went to the Start a Discussion drop down originally.  That is where it should say 'SELECT A TOPIC FIRST' next to Start a Discussion so that we know we need to do that step first.   The first time you try and post, if u go to Actions, then start a discussion, you cant do it because no places are set.  Ok, I am done here. Thanks though for responses. I think the site needs more info. for users.  Thatz just my take.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the home page of the community there is a link to the "Getting Started" page where members can find tip on how to use the forum. It is available there whether you are logged in or not.

Screenshot_2015-11-08-14-10-27.png

FYI the Help hyperlink link is right above the button to Log Out of the community.

If you had joined two years ago there was even less "help" resources available.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for that info. I just checked this out and it isn't good enough in my opinion.  It doesn't really tell you that you need to select places before you start a discussion. Otherwise, it wont work successfully. Needs to say that.

Just says this:

You’ll also see a Start a Discussion option on the right-hand side of any products and services page. Click that to create a new discussion or ask a question at any time.

It should say: "If you haven't selected a place first, you wont be able to start a discussion."

Spent too much time trying to start a discussion. Plus, calling in, they had no clue about the site and i had no way to email in or post to the site. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the homepage of the community that might be true. It should error out and tell you to select a specific space before it will let it post.  However if you are already in one of the topic spaces, it will default to that space.

You don't want posts to go on the "homepage" of the community. It won't actually be on the homepage and instead be saved under your profile page and then no one else will find it to read.

0 Likes