Re: Premium SMS message for $10!!?
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

With thosands of post on here I would only assume Verizon pays you to sit in front of that computer defending their practices. I only recieved my first bill with the charge yesterday. Can I reference you to have it removed. The person I spoke to denied removing it. Thats when I started searching the internet and found out how prevelent this pratise was. I was appalled how many people have been taken in by this. Defend your company aall you want. It will never make this scam allowed by Verizon to be right. 

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

Lets just leave it to those reading this to make their own decicions.

1 I had already decided to take responsibility after the charge being removed was denied.

2 You are absolutely correct. It only takes 10 seconds for someone to block the service. However who of those reading this was able to find that block before encountering a problem?

3 It appears you may be misinformed about the charge being removed if it  has appeared for first time. I found this out, yes , and am taking responsibility and paying it.

4 When did it become so wrong to complain about an OBVIOUS (open your eyes and see how many people with a lack of responsibility) this is happening to?

5 If no one ever complained as per your wish how would this ever be corrected.

6Why are you so threatened by me telling people to complain to their states Dept of Consumer Affairs  if it is our own fault that we were scammed?  People have a right in this country as far as I know to filed that complaint if they feel they were wronged.

7  Why would you make up facts such as "I waited 6 months " to complain . 

[Edited to reflect previous changes]

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

rall_g4 wrote:

1 I had already decided to take responsibility after the charge being removed was denied. 

2 You are absolutely correct. It only takes 10 seconds for someone to block the service. However who of those reading this was able to find that block before encountering a problem?

3 It appears you may be misinformed about the charge being removed if it  has appeared for first time. I found this out, yes , and am taking responsibility and paying it.I was able to have a premium SMS charge removed and now have all premium SMS blocked. I would try calling again and speaking with a different rep.

4 When did it become so wrong to complain about an OBVIOUS (open your eyes and see how many people with a lack of responsibility) this is happening to?

6Why are you so threatened by me telling people to complain to their states Dept of Consumer Affairs  if it is our own fault that we were scammed?  People have a right in this country as far as I know to filed that complaint if they feel they were wronged.

7  Why would you make up facts such as "I waited 6 months " to complain . 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

rall_g4 wrote:

3 It appears you may be misinformed about the charge being removed if it  has appeared for first time. I found this out, yes , and am taking responsibility and paying it. Have to say, I have directed many to call to have it removed and have been thanked for telling them this. So it does occur. With the way you want the government involved in this, maybe the way you present yourself to the rep may have made them decide, nah, they can pay.

6Why are you so threatened by me telling people to complain to their states Dept of Consumer Affairs  Because it is a waste of time. Write whomever your heart desires. if it is our own fault that we were scammed?  People have a right in this country as far as I know to filed that complaint if they feel they were wronged.

7  Why would you make up facts such as "I waited 6 months " to complain .I never said YOU, I stated and still say, if a first time issue and you call with politeness, they will credit you and block Premium SMS. NOW, if they see data or other things occuring with that SMS that shows you have been using it, they may say no. But I do not work for VZW, so I can not say what they see. 

As for 1000's of posts, yep I have alot. Been in the customer service end all my life and enjoy helping people..... those who want help. As I do not work for VZW, I have a bit of leeway which allows me to voice MY opinion now and again as long as I do not threaten or personally attack someone.

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

Here's an interesting link to an article for you." Verizon to  refund millions in mystery fees"

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-10-04/tech/verizon.fees.overcharge.fcc_1_verizon-wireless-customers-dat...

Wow 50 million in mystery fees Verizon was forced to rebate to customers. I guess it wasn't such a waste of time that custmers complained.  I am sure plenty of Verizon  hacks like you jumped all over those who complained about this. Funny. 15 million customers who Verizon had to be forced by the government to refund fees to. Must be a lot of rude (15 million) custmers out there.

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

"The majority of the data sessions involved minor data exchanges caused by software built into their phones; others included accessing certain Web links, which should not have incurred charges," Verizon's statement said. "We have addressed these issues to avoid unintended data charges in the future."

The FCC, meanwhile, has been investigating the issue since January when it first got word of the erroneous fees from consumers, according to a statement released Sunday by Michele Ellison, the FCC's enforcement bureau chief.

"We're gratified to see Verizon agree to finally repay its customers. But questions remain as to why it took Verizon two years to reimburse its customers and why greater disclosure and other corrective actions did not come much, much sooner," Ellison said.

"The Enforcement Bureau will continue to explore these issues, including the possibility of additional penalties, to ensure that all companies prioritize the interests of consumers when billing problems occur."

A little quote from article. 

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

budone wrote:

VZW has the tools there, YOU need to take some responsibilty (YES YOU, not VZW, not Congress, not the President..... YOU) and take 10 seconds to block it

I do not believe all the other providers even offer an option for YOU to block premium messaging. 

Also if by chance someone does sign up by accident and calls VZW when they see it on the first bill it appears.... as they should see it. (They should be looking at all bills that come in) VZW has been good at crediting the charge as long as the customer agrees to have premium messaging blocked. You wait 6 months or longer.... sorry. Again the customer was not taking responsibility for their own affairs and should not be credited.

Youy did say you.

0 Likes
Kh-Phil

Dear Community Members,

This thread appears to be taking a different direction. Please avoid any personal attacks or criticism.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Thanks,

Paul-D
Community Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

rall_g4 wrote:

Here's an interesting link to an article for you." Verizon to  refund millions in mystery fees"

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-10-04/tech/verizon.fees.overcharge.fcc_1_verizon-wireless-customers-dat...

Wow 50 million in mystery fees Verizon was forced to rebate to customers. I guess it wasn't such a waste of time that custmers complained.  I am sure plenty of Verizon  hacks like you jumped all over those who complained about this. Funny. 15 million customers who Verizon had to be forced by the government to refund fees to. Must be a lot of rude (15 million) custmers out there.

You may notice that none of these refunds are for premium SMS charges.  In my experience, both personal and from examples on these forums, Verizon will normally refund a first time premium SMS charge at which point the customer then has ALL premium SMS blocked from their line. Yours seems to be the exception, and I would again suggest you try calling to speak with a different rep, unless of course, this is not a 1st time or 1 time occurence for you.

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

I understand it is for two different things. Point was that Bud says its a waste of time to complain. As anyone can see by this it isn't. People complained to Verizon who did nothing. People complained to FCC and all of a sudden Verizon corrected problem and had to refund millions of dollars. Thank god all those people wasted their time and complained. 

0 Likes