Premium TXT messaging???????
janna182

What is premium text messaging and why was I charged a $1.00 per text?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Premium TXT messaging???????
FitnessRocks
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is usually when you have subscribed to some type of service like joke of the day or something. It could also be from voting on reality shows. 

0 Likes
ras250

Is it possible to sign up for premium text message by accident through like a game or something??

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

See my reply to your previous post.....

0 Likes
janna182

Thanks!  Yep, I voted on Big Brother!!!

0 Likes
gradtech2002

I am a former alltel customer and never had issues with billing charges that I am with verizon.  For 3 months in a row since I have been receiving verizon bills, I am getting charged $9.99 for some stupid premium text message called "Reverse auction bid".  I have no freaking clue what this charge is, nor have I signed up for any auction.   I have called the past 2 times I was charged and talked and talked and TALKED to verizon about having this charge removed.  

The last time I called (last month's bill) -- I was told it would not happen again and I wouldn't be charged yet my new bill just arrived and BAM! -- another charge.   I have emailed verizon customer support and still have not gotten a response.   Verizon's website says that try to respond in 24 hours to emails.   That's a joke.    Either no one reads them or no one cares to respond.  Am I stupid in believing that verizon actually CARES about its customers and would solve this on the first phone call?   Anyone else having these issues with verizon support and premium charges?  I am beginning to miss alltel a lot more.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can google the billing company or the code that is on the bill, and try to work from that end to cancel the service-if you are getting unwanted text messages from a 4 or 5 digit short code, you can text STOP or CANCEL to cancel the service also.

0 Likes